I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
paimeifist

"Biggest" shaw star

Me too, just by longevity alone. He started in what? '69... and his last SB film was '85 or something.

I think few of the latter day Shaw flicks made a ton of money, but he was in some of their biggest hits for sure.

I was speaking to somebody from Hong Kong about this only a short while back and she told me most of the really popular Shaw stars were the opera stars, even though she never watches Shaw Bros films she could name quite a few of the stars from the opera films but none of the action stars.

If people want to get an idea why Ivy Ling Po was such a big star, it's worth trying Lady General Hua Mulan. Yes, it's a Chinese Opera, but it's good, short, has some action, and highlights her talents.

Tglm3anmue8

In my opinion, the biggest Shaw star at the time he was alive, and I quote 'the time he was alive'. Hands down - Alexander Fu Sheng. There was no bigger Shaw star than Fu Sheng.

These days, folks like Gordon Liu are known due to 'Kill Bill' and other recent movie's.