I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

lillippa328

Anybody here watch Wrestling?

22 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruiser Brody's 'Dark Side of the Ring' episode

17 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Macho Man & Miss Elizabeth "A Match Made in Heaven" 'Dark Side of the Ring' episode

16 minutes ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

Von Erich's 'Dark Side of the Ring' episode

All 3 of these are good, I haven't seen the "Montreal Screwjob" episode because I have no interest.

On 5/1/2019 at 11:18 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

Bruiser Brody's 'Dark Side of the Ring' episode

Bruiser Brody's widow Barbara Goodish says she didn't find out that he was being inducted into the "Legacy" wing of the WWE HOF until the day of and wasn't invited to the ceremony anyway.

I watch old school from early 70's to late 80's all the time. Probably have 600 to 700 hours worth on discs....really enjoy it

14 minutes ago, ThunderScore said:

Looks like Dollar Store knockoffs...

They are, as these figures are pretty much re-purposed He-Man knockoffs. The guy who made the video I posted has a series of videos about knockoff toys - He-Man, but also TMNT, superheroes (especially Batman and Superman) or Transformers, have had numerous knockoffs that can be creative, stupid or just downright head-scratching.

Edited by Secret Executioner
Fixing typos.

1 hour ago, Secret Executioner said:

They are, as these figures are pretty much re-purposed He-Man knockoffs. The guy who made the video I posted has a series of videos about knockoff toys - He-Man, but also TMNT, superheroes (especially Batman and Superman) or Transformers, have had numerous knockoffs that can be creative, stupid or just downright head-scratching.

1 hour ago, ThunderScore said:

Looks like Dollar Store knockoffs...

There were a heap of these Mattel He-Man figure mould, Wrestling knock-offs in the U.K. Back back n the 90's. I had some scaled down versions of the one's @Secret Executioner posted, along with a ring, when I was a kid. There were dozens of lines, released under multiple names, with the same body moulds re-named/painted

Bootleg Wrestling Action Figures (Article) - Link- https://cheappopculture.com/2015/12/23/10-count-bootleg-wrestling-action-figures/

89313728.jpg

This was the ring, the figures in the picture are another style of bootleg, released by German company Simba. Those used actual moulds from the official 90's Habros WWF action figures.

1_3eb65e9dea86e3f6620a7077de3f68d2.jpg

Sci-Fi inspired bootleg wrestling figures.

wotu.jpg?w=590

Edited by DragonClaws

On 6/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, Phantom Dreamer said:

On this date in 1976, this farce occurred.

D-AIVmLXsAAMqLC.jpg

A certain Vince cMahon and his wife were behind this event, long beofre theygot involved in Wrestlemania etc. He hadnt even taken over his Dad promotion WWWF at this time.