lillippa328

Anybody here watch Wrestling?

Havent watched wrestling in a very long time, but there was a time. I remember the Big Show, didnt realize he was still around. I kinda keep up with the divas, does that count??:tongue:

Wrestlemania was so-so. Punk/Taker delivered, but the rest of it...eeeehhhh. The crowd last night was awesome though. As was Ziggler finally cashing in.

Yeah I watch WWE and TNA. I mainly watch the PPVs as it's hard to find time to watch all the weekly shows.

Wrestlemania was disappointing this year as it has been over the last few years. The show seemed to mainly focus only on Punk vs Taker, Lesnar vs HHH and Rock vs Cena. They really didn't care about the rest of the matches on the card as they were really short and felt rushed. They easily could have removed the P Diddy performance and cut down the multiple promo videos for Rock vs Cena to give more time to some of the other matches.

I wish they kept the Money in the bank ladder match at Wrestlemania as it always was one of the highlights of the show.

The divas weren't even booked for a match on the show.

Intercontinental title match only on the pre-show.

I agree with ToryK. Punk vs Taker was the best match.

I'll soon be watching TNA X-Travaganza. I like X-Division matches so I'm hoping it will be good.

I like wrestling but not much of a WWE fan, quite like TNA/IMPACT WRESTLING as well as FMW, ECW(pre01) AJPW, NJPW, SGPW & some what BJW . I like mix of hardcore & technical wrestling best. Hardcore wrestling is like a spice no good on it's own but adds flavour to technical matches.

Punk/Taker was the only match worth watching. It was the only compelling in-ring story the whole night. The undercard was free-tv quality and I would be pissed if I paid $60 for it.

I too like the Japanese product much more than it's American counterpart these days. Add in the fact that there is 30+ years worth of matches on Youtube to peruse, and there's never a lack of content. Anyone that has ever been on a wrestling message board has heard this plenty, but it still rings true: 90's AJPW is the best in-ring action you will ever see.

A good place to start watching the Japanese stuff is Toukon Retsuden, Two english speaking dudes watch Puro matches and provide commentary. They stopped making episodes in 2006 so some of the discussions are dated, but the content is solid.

Heres a sample:

Gck1ceNdJgQ

I'll catch Ring of Honor or the lucha libre AAA once in awhile. My interest in wrestling mostly died when WCW went under. That was likely going to happen though since they didn't have anything to followup the NWO storyline with.

I don't follow any wrestling but has anyone seen these crazy Mexican ring stunts? I was watching a public access channel in the US... and one very agile guy in a goat mask dove through the ropes (never touched) doing a flying headbutt to someone outside the ring! Never seen anything like it.

I don't follow any wrestling but has anyone seen these crazy Mexican ring stunts? I was watching a public access channel in the US... and one very agile guy in a goat mask dove through the ropes (never touched) doing a flying headbutt to someone outside the ring! Never seen anything like it.

Back in the days (late 70's, mid 80's) wrestling was very popular in Montreal and at least once a month there was a big event in a place called Centre Paul Sauvé with guys like Dino Bravo, Gino Britto, Abdullah the Butcher, The Sheik, Rougeau Brothers and father, Greg Valentine, Par Patterson, Ken Patera, Stan Jonathan, Jo Leduc, Mad Dog Vachon, Edouard Carpentier, André the Giant (mostly known as Le Géant Ferré at that time), the funny manager Eddie «the brain» Creatchman just to name a few. I used to go often with my 2 brothers in law. We had a blast trying to sneak in the locker rooms all the time! After a while we were «tolerated» by the wrestlers and the security guards so it was no more really sneaking in but just showing up! That was so much fun. Good old days,,,, Then they demolished the place and started to go the hockey forum, No chance to sneak in that place! We continued to follow wrestling until maybe 2001-2002 and making big parties at home for the big events like Wrestlemania and my 2 sons were into it too for the entertainment. I stopped watching for many years now, mainly glancing at it once in a while. My sons are still watching it. Always had fun with it for what it was, pure entertainment.

check this video...this is from WCW days

I am a long time wrestling fan. I have tapered off this last year. But I'm a HUGE Daniel Bryan fan. I'm psyched to see him fight for the WWE title at SummerSlam. I am planning to attend the post Mania Raw next year in New Orleans.

I also am on a Wrestling Forum. Where I write "Fantasy fed stories." Basically its a group of us who have our own talent rosters and we write our own TV shows and specials including Interviews, matches and angles. Extremely geeky I know. :nerd:

I am a long time wrestling fan. I have tapered off this last year. But I'm a HUGE Daniel Bryan fan. I'm psyched to see him fight for the WWE title at SummerSlam. I am planning to attend the post Mania Raw next year in New Orleans.

I also am on a Wrestling Forum. Where I write "Fantasy fed stories." Basically its a group of us who have our own talent rosters and we write our own TV shows and specials including Interviews, matches and angles. Extremely geeky I know. :nerd:

Daniel Bryan is certainly getting his due...the former "American Dragon" (this was his nickname in Ring of Honor Wrestling and when he used his real name Bryan Danielson) was a protege of Shawn Michaels and it helps that he studied martial arts and even named his finishing move in honor of "Judo" Gene LeBell.

I think Cena-Bryan at SummerSlam will be a quote Jim Ross, "one heck of a slobberknocker".

Daniel Bryan is certainly getting his due...the former "American Dragon" (this was his nickname in Ring of Honor Wrestling and when he used his real name Bryan Danielson) was a protege of Shawn Michaels and it helps that he studied martial arts and even named his finishing move in honor of "Judo" Gene LeBell.

I think Cena-Bryan at SummerSlam will be a quote Jim Ross, "one heck of a slobberknocker".

Yes I became a Danielson fan from attending many ROH shows in past years.Its a shame that they are in dire straits these days. After WWE raided their talent they havent recovered.

What I am watching mostly these days is New Japan Pro Wrestling. Hiroshi Tanahashi is in my opinion the best worker in the sport today. He has won Best wrestler in the Observer awards for 2 years running I believe.

I enjoy the fact that the WWE doesn't take itself too seriously as I'm a big Kaiju Big Battel fan, (and all things Colt Cabana.) Bryan has been fun with Kane, especially when he popped out of the garbage can to yell, "I do NOT have a goat face!"

Oh and AJ is too hot for words!

I enjoy the fact that the WWE doesn't take itself too seriously as I'm a big Kaiju Big Battel fan, (and all things Colt Cabana.) Bryan has been fun with Kane, especially when he popped out of the garbage can to yell, "I do NOT have a goat face!"

Oh and AJ is too hot for words!

I have seen one Kaiju Big Battel. It was....different, to say the least.

AJ is hot but I loathe her on-screen character. Rather watch Mickie James any day.

Anybody here have WWE Network? This might be the greatest thing ever, the greatest streaming paid site ever, the fact that it also includes PPV events? Past events? Vault of historical past events? $10 a month? WWE divas? Anyone?