I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

newgen2005

Brandon Lee - The Crow

These are a couple of photos I did with Brandon in Rome, october 1992, few months before his accidental killing (or assassination?), well, anyway he told me he was on to start the filming a movie titled the Crow. Just to share with you my little memorabilia of him. Ciao

brandy (2).jpg

brandy.jpg

On 8/15/2018 at 7:12 PM, yiyuen said:

These are a couple of photos I did with Brandon in Rome, october 1992, few months before his accidental killing (or assassination?), well, anyway he told me he was on to start the filming a movie titled the Crow. Just to share with you my little memorabilia of him. Ciao

Awsome, that you got to meet the guy, thanks for sharing those stills.

Here you can find a little segment from my documentary Dragonland, at one point Michael Wong talks briefly about Brandon and Bruce's deaths. English spoken, italian sub. Enjoy.

Cover from a book I published more than 20 years ago, baased upon my interview to Brandon, not a best seller but the very first book about him and his father in Italy. Just a curious item I hope you enjoy.

imagesCA37MD35.jpg

11 hours ago, Phantom Dreamer said:

I believe that was Brandon Lee's fiance Eliza Hutton.

Thats right, there an article I posted about her, in this thread somewhere.

Posted an image from the MFD premeire, where he's with a fan, but cant recall if Brandon Lee is wearing the same suit?.

Brandon Lee on The little picture show UK . 1992. Mariella Frostrup is a UK-based journalist and television presenter, well known on British television and radio, mainly for arts programmes. - YouTube Synopsis

2 hours ago, Karlos said:

Looks like we will be getting a Shang Chi film after all!

Yes, I saw a lot of these reports popping up. You know I'm all for that! Unfortunately, being the pessimistic realist that I am, I fear such would lack good grounded choreography and instead be a wire fu fest. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Crazy Rich Asians seems to have lit a fire under all things Asian.

@Karlos & @ShaOW!linDude, how would you guy's feel, if they decided to go the aimted route, either with CGI/Hand drawn, or a combination of both. Using the late Brandon Lee likeness for the character, so clearly modelled on his father. Or do yo think it would be better starting with a fresh new star?, in a live-action version?.

The Crow, one of the best comic adaptation's to come out of Hollywood?. In the original graphic novel, Eric Draven looks more like a pumped up member of the band, Motley Crue.

gsLBDU4Z_1806141036271.jpg

17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

@Karlos & @ShaOW!linDude, how would you guy's feel, if they decided to go the aimted route, either with CGI/Hand drawn, or a combination of both. Using the late Brandon Lee likeness for the character, so clearly modelled on his father. Or do yo think it would be better starting with a fresh new star?, in a live-action version?.

Speaking for myself...

I would love an animated treatment of The Crow. If the character was favored after Brandon Lee, I'd be okay with that. 

As far as new live action version? I would be okay with that to a degree, too, but I don't want a direct remake of the original. That is cinema gold, and does not need to be tampered with. The sad fact of the matter is that there were 3 more Crow movies made to try to turn it into a franchise, and in each case the stories were bad and miscast.

Honestly, it's a unique film with a unique character played by a unique individual. That lightning don't strike twice. That's why I think an animated treatment would serve better.

Edited by ShaOW!linDude