I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

newgen2005

Brandon Lee - The Crow

I watched this film the other day and was wondering how much of the film Brandon managed to complete before he died? I know some scenes they would have used doubles for dangerous stuff, but just wondered if they used cgi or something for the scenes he never finished!

As far as I know he did most of the film, and they simply CGI'd his face on a double for the rest.

I am sure somewhere I read that the scene where he comes back from the dead and returns to his home, when he looks out of the window they used a double body and added a CGI head!?

he filmed pretty much all of it. they only time they CGI'd his face was the scene where he returns home and gets thrown out the window. That scene was suppose to be way different, but since he died, they shot it from a First POV. The CGI face was as he was falling to the ground when they threw him out the window.

I believe this was all covered/discussed on the special features of the blu-ray...and I am guessing collector's edition dvd.

The CGI face was as he was falling to the ground when they threw him out the window.

This is incorrect, i`ve seen footage of brandon filming that fall.(he isn`t really falling at all he`s being pulled up with a wire and filmed from below.)

most of the scene where he gets dressed and applies makeup is the double.

the whole scene where he`s burning pictures and sarah comes to see him is the double.

so is the guitar scene.

the shot where he walks to the window once he`s applied makeup and looks out with the crow on his shoulder is a double with brandons face superimposed.

the scene where he was killed for real when he comes in when they are raping shelly. the original scene had him coming back with a bag of groceries whilst listening to a walkman. he finished nearly all of it. i heard most of the last 6 days shooting left when he died was mainly flashback scenes.

Guest Markgway

Unlike with the odious 'Game of Death' the producers here did the right thing completing 'The Crow'. 95% already filmed, it would have been a terrible waste not to. Shame the film isn't as good as one would hope.

12 hours ago, laagi said:

I agree. But I was always under the impression that his widow owns the rights to his estate. And if that's the case looks like she's handling it a bit more delicate to say the least.

Brandon Lee was engaged to a woman named Eliza Hutton at the time of his death, not married. I don't believe she has any control over his estate. If she does, I stand corrected. I'm not sure if Brandon even had a will when he died.

At the Marked For Death premeire.

brandon-lee-during-marked-for-death-prem

A teenage Brandon Lee

4d1f1e57dd94315b252319607cee14d4.jpg

Fighting well known stuntman man Al Leong, in a scene from the finale of Rapid Fire.

Rapid-Fire-brandon-lee-28400628-1200-762

Edited by DragonClaws