I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

carl douglas

Kung-fu / Martial Arts & Hong Kong Movies on UK Television

Guest Markgway

Not martial arts, but the controversial Hong Kong horror DREAM HOUSE was on The Horror Channel tonight (and is repeated later in the week).

Not martial arts, but the controversial Hong Kong horror DREAM HOUSE was on The Horror Channel tonight (and is repeated later in the week).

i watch the horror channel religiously especially for the old tv series and occasional hammer and brit flicks..but the editing/cuts is just annoying.

Oh i forgot about the adverts..lol

Painted Skin will be on Propeller TV on Wednesday night, for those with Sky or access to Freewire.

Additionally this week, on the same channel, there is A Simple Life on Monday, and Silent War on Tuesday. I'm assuming they'll have English subtitles though I'm not certain.

Following A Simple Life there is a documentary series about the Hong Hong film industry.

Also there is a documentary about the history of Kung Fu, which is on several different days. 9pm on Friday, 6pm on Saturday, maybe some other times too.

For those with Sky or access to Freewire, A Simple Life, The Silent War and Painted Skin will be on Propeller TV next week. I'm assuming they'll have English subtitles though I'm not certain.

Also on the same channel, starting after A Simple Life on Monday, there is a documentary series about the Hong Hong film industry.

You're welcome. They're also showing a Kung Fu doc tomorrow and on Saturday, maybe repeated some other days/times too.

These movies were quite a surprising find, as I don't usually check the more obscure channels, makes me wonder what else I might have missed.

The History of Hong Kong Cinema show is only a 30 minute episode, so more like 20 minutes with adverts. But it says it's part one of thirty!

Cheers Pratty. Propeller is channel 189 if you have Sky.

The documentary series on the history of Hong Kong cinema sounds good, 30 episodes at 30 minutes each. Lets hope they show some more films on the channel as i have not seen any of the three listed, According to the TV guide the films will be in original language with English subtitles.

No probs, thanks for the clarification on the subtitles, I haven't seen those films yet either, looking forward to them! Hopefully showing these sorts of films will be a regular thing, I'm impressed as A Simple Life and The Silent War are fairly recent films.

Bad news. The films this week have mysteriously disappeared today. :squigglemouth::cry:

The History of Hong Kong Movies series (apparently now 9 episodes) starts tonight and runs the rest of the week. It supposedly features episodes on Kung Fu and Wuxia movies.

Sorry to get people's hopes up, no idea what happened.

Bad news. The films this week have mysteriously disappeared today. :squigglemouth::cry:

The History of Hong Kong Movies series (apparently now 9 episodes) starts tonight and runs the rest of the week. It supposedly features episodes on Kung Fu and Wuxia movies.

I just moticed it now, that's pretty damn lame.looking forward to the doc tonight.

I saw that too, what a bummer. They are also showing a making of Grandmaster one night also. Don't know if it will be subtitled.

it will be a mixture of subs and eng dub-narration, just going by the other docs I saw on the channel.

I just noticed a film starting on BBC2 called Nemesis, I have no idea who's in it, but I just noticed Albert Pyan (spelling?) As producer or director, and I'm sure I remember martial arts film starring Kathy (somebody?). Anyway it's definitely an action film and maybe someone in the UK can catch it on the I player