I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

carl douglas

Kung-fu / Martial Arts & Hong Kong Movies on UK Television

I would definitely give it a go if I had sky one. Didn't sky make another kung fu related series before? I seem to recall a bunch of Brits flying to China, being trained on doing tasks and then at the end of it fighting to survive to the next week

I would definitely give it a go if I had sky one. Didn't sky make another kung fu related series before? I seem to recall a bunch of Brits flying to China, being trained on doing tasks and then at the end of it fighting to survive to the next week

Yes that was Fight School way back in 2002, I remember they were due to do a second series but it was cancelled due to the SARS outbreak in China. I saw adverts recently for another Sky One show called Kick Ass Kung Fu that sounded similar with people training in Hong Kong but it's yet to air.

I just noticed that the Gary Daniels movie Epicentre will be on Movie Mix (freeview channel 32) this coming Monday at 9:50 PM.

Epicenter is a fun (if a bit plodding) flick - very typical of PM's output back in the 90s/early 00's.

There's pretty much zero MA content in this one, though - A few kicks, courtesy of Mr D, here and there but that's it.

There's pretty much zero MA content in this one, though - A few kicks, courtesy of Mr D, here and there but that's it.

Then that's more than I remember being in it.:tongue:

yeah I was expecting quite a bit of martial arts content . I'm pretty sure I have seen it before and have no plans to watch it again.

No Pray for Death wasn't uncut, I think all the fights were in place but the scene in the hospital when Sho's wife is killed was trimmed removing the suggested sexual assault and when James Booth's character shoots the corrupt cops in the restaurant the bit when he also shoots the woman who is hiding was missing. These are the only bits I remember as it's years since I saw what I think was an uncut version, the nunchaku scenes were shown which were never in the UK vhs release.

What a shame. They had the perfect chance to release it uncut on the back of Ninja Assassin (when it got released). These companies just don't have a clue about their audience :-(

The documentary I Am Bruce Lee will be on Quest on Wednesday at 10pm, I've not actually seen it as most of the new Bruce Lee stuff is terrible but as it's on tv i'll give it a go.

Guest Markgway

If it's just another "I never met him, BUT was inspired by Bruce because..." jobs, I'll pass.

The documentary I Am Bruce Lee will be on Quest on Wednesday at 10pm, I've not actually seen it as most of the new Bruce Lee stuff is terrible but as it's on tv i'll give it a go.

is Quest on free view?

If it's just another "I never met him, BUT was inspired by Bruce because..." jobs, I'll pass.

Yes i'm pretty sure it is one of those, totally agree with you that it's probably not worth bothering with and i'd certainly never pay for the dvd but it's free so i'll watch it.

Just noticed "I am Bruce Lee" is on Quest on Wednesday at 10pm, at first I thought it was just a repeat from last week but then I saw it was episode 2 so it looks like they split it into two parts. That would make sense as without the commercials it would've only been on about 50 minutes and the running time is 94 minutes.

Just noticed "I am Bruce Lee" is on Quest on Wednesday at 10pm, at first I thought it was just a repeat from last week but then I saw it was episode 2 so it looks like they split it into two parts. That would make sense as without the commercials it would've only been on about 50 minutes and the running time is 94 minutes.

My box won't display Wednesday night currently so hopefully I'll remember to set the timer. Thanks again for letting us know.:bigsmile: