I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

carl douglas

Kung-fu / Martial Arts & Hong Kong Movies on UK Television

New credits? Oh bummer. So if I make a custom I'll have to use the HKVideo credits then.

What about the Mei Ah Drunken Master dvd, does that have new chinese credits as well?

Never saw that disc, it sounded awful!

The HKL DM does have OAR original chinese credits - and unusually, they don't feature any English text at all.

@ Son Of A Gun: From al the versions I had a look, to me the French HK Video version seemed to have the best pic quality.

If you make the custom with the French HK Video with the HKL English audio, as a token of my appreciation I will give you lifetime membership of my Ninja Clan!

ninja-clan-900.jpg

Never saw that disc, it sounded awful!

The HKL DM does have OAR original chinese credits - and unusually, they don't feature any English text at all.

Oh yeah, the HKL has the chinese credits OAR, of course! Good point. quite annoying that it has no english as well though.

And Ninja Sinai, I will look into it for sure. It's one I planned to do. But so many others too. Gotta pull my finger out.

Although I think Kaley boy's custom on ADC has that dub. It doesn't say exactly which one is on it in the specs.

Out of curiosity did anybody else send FilmFour an e-mail thanking them for showing it and asking for more kung fu movies?if you haven't now's your chance to show that there is an audience that wants to see kung fu movies!

Although I think Kaley boy's custom on ADC has that dub. It doesn't say exactly which one is on it in the specs.

It's not my custom buddy. I'm not sure who made it, I was just highlighting it as I thought it would surely interest the readers of this thread to know about it.

I first saw SITES on a UK channel called CNX in 2003. It was the actual HKL transfer (right down to the layer change!) in Mandarin but cropped to 1.55:1. Weird...

By the way, anyone remember this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S5nvzGV4Zg

I probably saw SITES for the first time too. CNX was a fantastic channel even using some Bey Logan introductions, presumably from the Hong Kong Legend DVDs themselves. What I remember most was that the repeat in the early hours of the morning was shown advert free:xd:

Just done it. :wink:Sent Film4 a thank you message, I mean.

Let's hope more fans took the time to send a message

I figured it would be a good idea once you mentioned it, yeah. :wink:

And no, the Bey Logan introductions were produced for that channel especially.

They weren't from the HKL dvds. Bey might have them on tape/disc. I might ask him.

I'm highly doubting he will though. :/

Chocolate is on Film 4 tonight at about 11pm for those that haven't noticed, think i'll give it a watch as it's certainly one of the better Thai movies.

Def worth a view unlike the second outing! Some class fights n plenty of them

Yes after Chocolate I was looking forward to Raging Phoenix but what a mess that turned out to be, an absolutely terrible film.

Yes after Chocolate I was looking forward to Raging Phoenix but what a mess that turned out to be, an absolutely terrible film.

I'm glad somebody else thought the same!

I'm glad somebody else thought the same!

I'm used to "dumb" plots in action movies but that one really took the piss!! It was actually the nail in the coffin for me as far as thai action goes, obviously after Tony Jaa's efforts I was quite excited about what else they could come up with but with the exception of perhaps Chocolate and Born to Fight (the new version) i've been very disappointed. I watched Bangkok Knockout, Bangkok Adrenaline and several Michael B movies and apart from a few decent stunts they were all crap that I would NEVER re-watch. The plots and acting are awful and on close examination the fights aren't even very good being far too reliant on a couple of acrobatic moves that don't really work in context of the fights. Michael B in particular is shit, his techniques are not clean (there are far better martial arts tricks performers on youtube) and there is no way he should ever be a leading man, i'd rather watch a 58 year old Jackie fight than him any day of the week.

enjoyed that (action wise) but the excessive flashy editing pissed me off. Horrible.

It's certainly one of the better thai efforts, agree with you about the editing too.

I'm fairly sure I started a thread like this before but can't locate it so I've started a new one. I noticed on Channel 5 this weekend they are showing Dragon the Bruce Lee Story, sometime around 11:10 PM on Sunday . And also on Monday Michael Jai White stars in Blood and Bone at 11:15 PM.

I wonder if any martial arts films will be coming to the cinema in the UK? I'm assuming Chinese Zodiac will, but other martial arts films never seem to get on the big screen. The only one I know of is the upcoming Kevin James comedy 'Here Comes the Boom' or something along those lines.

PS Kiss of the Dragon has been on TV a lot recently.

Detective Dee, Kiss of the Dragon, loads of Steven Seagal movies have been on, Sci-fi channel i havent got a clue why but they have got The Myth, Drunken Master, Who Am I coming on soon also i think in a weeks time.

Black Eagle was on CBS Action in a few days, Walker Texas Ranger is on all the time aswell :)

Theres a Kung Fu Cinema previews on every month in Leicester in a small cinema close to me this month they are showing Sleeping Fist and Bunman and next month is Evil Cat and Something else all showings currently are £1 each :)