I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

the moose

Asian Movie Memorabilia: Everyone welcome to post pictures of their stuff

Not really memorabilia but I am in Hong Kong at the moment and thought I'd take a photo of a famous spot :tongue: I'm sure you will know immediately what it is

The mall from POLICE STORY! Cool.

Just bought these posters....

Japanese Drunken Master poster and Warriors Two original HK poster...

Those are both beauties, but I'm especially fond of the WARRIORS TWO poster. I always wanted to get that one.

Thanks for sharing!

Books, mags, etc...

That's a great collection Keung! I'd love to look thru those. :nerd:

Along with my passion for Asian cinema memorabilia, I also love esoteric martial arts weapons. I thought you guys and gals would appreciate these... :bigsmile:

They're not quite as awesome as Ku Feng's golden metallic eagle claws from AVENGING EAGLES, but they're still killer cool! :nerd:

Clawsarerevealed3-12-2013_zpsb0cf0981.jpg

Clawsinaction13-12-2013_zpsd9455704.jpg

Clawsinaction23-12-2013_zps2df426f4.jpg

Clawsinaction43-12-2013_zpsb21d49cb.jpg

Wouldn't happen to live on Elm Street, would ya' Bob?

No, but when I was a teenager I did play Freddy Krueger twice! :tongue:

The first time was in late 1984 or early 1985, right after the original A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET film came out, I created a glove, hat, sweater, and full head appliances to appear as Freddy at a horror convention in Philadelphia. I was there with a dealer's table, and being in costume helped attract a lot of customers (and was fun as hell!). This was back when Freddy Krueger was far from a household name, and the costume definitely surprised and freaked out a lot of people. I met SCANNERS and V actor (The sci-fi TV show V was huge at the time) Michael Ironside (Cool!), special makeup effects maestro Tom Savini (He was so nice to me! He was very encouraging and complimentary of my work, signed my copy of his book GRANDE ILLUSIONS and even gave me his home phone number in case I needed help as I learned about FX work!), and "Freddy" (and also V regular) actor Robert Englund (who was startled when I walked into the elevator with him, laughing "Holy Shit! I've never seen that face before unless I was wearing it!") that day. The later two were among the judges for the costume contest. I won. :wink: Among my prizes were a blue ribbon, $15 dollar gift certificate (can't remember for what or where) and a theatrical poster for RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. :nerd: Among the people that bought my sculptures that day was a very young Greg Nicotero (he bought my recreation of Savini's zombie from CREEPSHOW's "Father's Day segment), who was assisting Savini back then, but would go on to big things like creating the effects for (and producing) THE WALKING DEAD.

Then in 1986 I was asked by my classmates to play the part again for our school's Gym Night Show. The entire school was divided into two teams, and everyone competed in a bunch of games and events. That year the Gym Night theme was "Dreams Versus Nightmares". I cut a silkscreen featuring Freddy for my team- The Nightmares- and hundreds were printed for everyone. My other jobs included creating a (new, and much improved) Freddy costume which I would wear, and act as sort of a "mascot" running around scaring the crowd and terrorizing the "Dream Team" members, and creating and applying zombie makeups to about 20 students. Micheal Jackson's THRILLER was still absolutely huge, and our school had our own MJ imitator (didn't every school back then? :smile:) who would perform the song under a strobe light with a group of zombie dancers backing him up. I dressed as Freddy (the makeup took something like 6 hours to apply to myself), then we turned part of the cafeteria into a zombie production line. My Mom and my girlfriend and I transformed everyone into the walking dead. It was great! Afterwards, following hours of running around in the sweltering hot gymnasium, wearing a sweater and hat, and with every inch of my head (except for my eyelids), neck, and left hand covered in latex I started to feel a little dizzy. I vividly remember leaning on my gal for support as we tried to find an unlocked bathroom. Only a girl's bathroom was open and I joked with her that "I knew I'd make it into here at least once before graduating." I was suffering from heat exhaustion and dehydration, and I leaned on the sink in front of the mirror. Some of the facial appliances felt really heavy. I touched the nose and it felt really weird- it was filled with all of my trapped sweat. Since the appliances all over-lapped, there was no way for it to evaporate. I pulled the seal of the appliance from the edge of my nostrils, and squeezed it. My sweat, mixed with the coloring of the makeup had turned into a nasty looking purple-brownish liquid which suddenly poured like mad out of the nostril holes, splashing all over the sink and mirror! It was epically gross- I loved it. :tongue: My girl shrieked in surprise and horror. :xd: She exclaimed that "That was disgusting!" while I complained that we should have captured that on video tape. :angel: Removing the appliances was tough, and I lost some eyebrow hair and a bit of skin. Also, I had bought a sweater that was as close to the character's as I could find, which was read and white. So I hand painted green dye onto the white stripes. Of course this dye soaked into my skin and left me stained with green stripes for about a week! This was especially embarrassing as I taught swimming five days a week! :wink: Ah... the days of youth, eh?

LOL Thought someone might enjoy these stories. :bigsmile:

As for these claws... anyone else out there that has a pair... be careful if you're wearing them and you have to cover a sneeze. Cause now my new nickname is "Eye-patch". :xd:

You thought right, cool stories. Love Savini's work also. And good to know he's a cool guy. Come to think of it, all your celeb encounter stories always prove positive. Or maybe you just keep the negative ones to yourself. How was Ric Meyers again?:crossedlips::wink:

You thought right, cool stories. Love Savini's work also. And good to know he's a cool guy. Come to think of it, all your celeb encounter stories always prove positive. Or maybe you just keep the negative ones to yourself. How was Ric Meyers again?:crossedlips::wink:

Glad you enjoyed them.

Yes, Savini was extremely cool. I did speak to him on the phone a few times and he was really helpful. Then when my little sister went to college in Pittsburgh for drama, she was cast as the female lead in Savini's stage play of DRACULA! His friend, stuntman Taso Stavrakis played Dracula (he was the motorcycle gang member in the original DAWN OF THE DEAD that gets his guts pulled out), Savini made custom fangs for the cast that turned to vampires (including my sis), and we all hung out after the play. Good stuff.

Come to think of it, all your celeb encounter stories always prove positive. Or maybe you just keep the negative ones to yourself. How was Ric Meyers again?:crossedlips::wink:

I've been very lucky that way. There were a couple of people that were jerks, but... jerks aren't really worth mentioning. Plus, it's too easy to slam others. Though I can't seem to always follow it, I do admire the saying "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." And I also try to keep in mind that everyone can have a bad day. What's to say that someone wasn't having a bad day on the day I met them, you know?

TibetanWhiteCrane: Nice poster of The Big Heat.

I've finally managed to take some pics of some of my posters. I'll post more up later when I have more time.

post-1020-144191896039_thumb.jpg

The Flash Legs. Great kicking here from Tan Tao Liang.

post-1020-144191896102_thumb.jpg

Raging Rivals. It look like Hwang Jang Lee's head attached to somebody else's body for that aerial kick!

post-1020-144191896162_thumb.jpg

The Woman Avenger. I love this revenge movie with Hsia Kwan Lee.

post-1020-144191896221_thumb.jpg

Ninja in the Dragon's Den. This has 2 of my fav back to back endfights in kung fu movies!

Just got THE BIG HEAT poster.... one of my fave HK flicks....

Nice!

I still remember being in total shock when I first saw this film back in the very early days of getting into HK cinema. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. :nerd:

I've finally managed to take some pics of some of my posters. I'll post more up later when I have more time.

[attach]1487[/attach]

The Flash Legs. Great kicking here from Tan Tao Liang.

[attach]1488[/attach]

Raging Rivals. It look like Hwang Jang Lee's head attached to somebody else's body for that aerial kick!

[attach]1489[/attach]

The Woman Avenger. I love this revenge movie with Hsia Kwan Lee.

[attach]1490[/attach]

Ninja in the Dragon's Den. This has 2 of my fav back to back endfights in kung fu movies!

Great posters man. I especially like the one for THE WOMAN AVENGER.

I have the same NitDD poster (thanks to Monk Sante! :bigsmile:)- it's killer!