I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

the moose

Asian Movie Memorabilia: Everyone welcome to post pictures of their stuff

My newly arrived JC posters....

And since everyone seems to showing their HK flicks..... these are not all of them, as im still arranging and putting up more shelves....

And a bit off topic, but these are my fighter/asian themed games sans all the dl games on wii.... just cuz....

Respect dude! I m a huge snk fan so... respect! :angel:

Yeah, SNK was and is the kings of 2D fighters.... litterally the King Of Fighters:smile:

And speaking of.... im playing KOF 13 right now, and loving it!

Agree with u bro.

I m playing 13 as well, just THE game!

That’s a nice collection of Steven Chow films!

I know what you mean about being the only white dude in some of these stores. When I would first come in they’d keep saying “No no no, only Chinese movie. No English movie.” and I’d say “yeah I know”. After a while they’d get it though. One lady was so awesome to my friend and I. She said You always come visit. You are like my two American sons.” So we got to calling her “Ma”. Lovely lady. I’ll never forget all the kind things she did for me. Once I asked “Is there any chance you can hold these films for a couple of days for me? I’ll be back when I get payed.” She said “Just take them. I trust you. You pay me next time.” I couldn’t believe it. Never in my life had anyone that owned a store ever said anything like that to me. She would even try to find older titles for us that we were searching for. Mad respect to my “Chinese Mom”.

Yeh one of the stores i went to had a helpful elderly lady. They had multibuy's 3 vcd's for £15 and when i was taking too long to choose she would go "Thats a good one there" and pick up vcd's off the shelf recommending them for me. She would point out romance movies mostly even though she saw me buy so many action movies - she actually convinced me to buy a film called 'good times bad times' http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/good_times_bed_times.htm a romcom starring the twins.

You guys had all kinds of memorable ethnic encounters on your collecting quest..... here's what I had... giant hipster douche with the wire rim glasses and the goatee, who looked at me like I was the inconvenient skidmark in his undies, whenever I enquired about new HK releases..... yeah, I felt real welcome there... but they had a nice selection.

Oh man, I just remember a funny story about giant hipster douche.... so it's the mid 90's and im in the store, picking up a few titles. So giant hipster douche has the laserdisc of Desperado playing on the big display tv, I go to the counter to pay for my goods... Tiger Cage and The Killer on vhs, so he gives me the usual condescending look, and looks at my picks with disdain, and then motions to Desperado playing on the screen and in his infinite wisdom utters these words.... "look, if you want REAL action, you should get THAT movie" looking all smug. I just smile politely at this all knowing action movie oracle, pay and leave, thinking... WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THEY RIPPED THAT "REAL" ACTION OFF FROM, TURD BRAIN....!

Here are a few of my goodies.:tongue:

A couple of years ago I was fortunate enough to score an autographed "Heroic Ones" poster by none other than David Chiang! Attached are autographs of Gordon Liu, Delon Tan (Flashlegs) and Sammo Hung. I collect every thing from the classic Ocean Shores tapes to Shaw Brothers flicks.

Am I a "serious collector"? Hell yeah! :nerd:

post-141-144191892407_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892471_thumb.jpg

post-141-14419189254_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892602_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892662_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892721_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892779_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191892846_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893348_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893411_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893468_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893526_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893584_thumb.jpg

post-141-144191893641_thumb.jpg

Great pics of everyone's collections!

the moose: Nice collection of mags, videos and vcds! I think I have some of them! You are very lucky to meet and get Anthony Wong's autograph!

Keung: I like how your HKL collection is displayed! Your Jeeja corner looks great! Where did you get that poster?

TibetanWhiteCrane: Cool looking posters! My younger bro would love to have the one of 36th Chamber of Shaolin!

KUNG FU BOB: That One Armed Swordsman figure looks really cool! I also have that Dragon Lord figure! I really like the Fist of the White Lotus poster! You are very lucky to get your artwork signed! I've got artwork signed but nothing kung fu/asian cinema related!

fiol: I've been looking for New Mr Vampire for ages and I still haven't come across it on any format!

jrcma: Nice HKL collection!

Monk Sante: You got alot of cool posters and autographed stuff!

Yeah.. i just had it transferred on dvd.. mandarin audio, english/chinese trad. subtitles burned in.

The condition of the print is pretty bad.. it looks like an old vcd. But i m so freakin happy to have it :xd:

Jackie Chan action figure and Poster were purchased many years ago at a couple of different conventions that I went to. The poster I bought from Ric Meyers. Yes, 'that" Ric Meyers.

I have some additional stuff that I can post when I get some more time. Sorry about the crappy light and bad photography.

post-233-144191894004_thumb.jpg

post-233-144191894008_thumb.jpg

Jackie Chan action figure and Poster were purchased many years ago at a couple of different conventions that I went to. The poster I bought from Ric Meyers. Yes, 'that" Ric Meyers.

I have some additional stuff that I can post when I get some more time. Sorry about the crappy light and bad photography.

Nice stuff. I have that Jackie figure too. It's very well made. I especially dig all the little patches on his jacket. :nerd:

Hey, where are the rest of you forum members? Let's see some of your cool collectibles. :smile:

Here's some of my collection. I'll start with the models and figures most of which I've had stored away as I've no space to display them. Here are some of my favs.

post-1020-144191894049_thumb.jpg

This was a present from my younger brother afew years ago so it's very special to me. The box is huge! I remember my bro saying when he bought it he carried it home in a sack!

post-1020-144191894075_thumb.jpg

I just think these figures look awesome! A set of 4 with the first 2 here.

post-1020-144191894099_thumb.jpg

The next 2 here.

post-1020-144191894125_thumb.jpg

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon figures! I thought these were cool! I made sure to get the Zhang Ziyi figure which had her face shown instead of the one with her face covered.

post-1020-14419189415_thumb.jpg

Like other members here I also have these Jackie figures!

I'll try to get round to posting some other stuff later when I have time.