I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

the moose

Asian Movie Memorabilia: Everyone welcome to post pictures of their stuff

i found some pics of my collection in Italy:

DSCN1837.jpg

I dont remember if I still own Spiritual Kung Fu Jap Vhs.. i might have sold it sometime ago.

DSCN1838.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

Some rare vcds, i ve more at home, but do not have the pics right now:

DSCN1841.jpg

DSCN1842.jpg

DSCN1859.jpg

Cool! Were did you get your Jackie Chan DM2 action figure? - I want one. I see you have stone age warriors. Now there's a movie I never got to see. I have a few other rareties, but unfortunately due to limited space in my home right now i have demoted the not so good vcd's and dvd's to cd wallets and threw away the cases - much to my regret.

Lovely I see you have the universe dvd of run and kill- me too. Do you have red to kill? That movie is just as good. But nastier - although the finale to red to kill is a little silly. I see you have Fong Sai Yuk2 on your shelf but not Fong Sai Yuk part 1 - I would be going insane not having the pair (I bought mine both at the same time - I just had to lol) or maybe you have the cine-asia release of the Legend of fong sai yuk. Hope you do have the first part as it is a great film. I won't mention beetlejuice(I have worse films haha)

That's a sweet Rouge VHS, Fiol!

Moose, I got the Jackie figure off eBay some time back. I've got hundreds more Asian DVD's scattered around the house. Haven't had the time or money to buy any more shelves for them though.

I have seen Red To Kill but don't own it. Mental film, indeed.

My newly arrived JC posters....

And since everyone seems to showing their HK flicks..... these are not all of them, as im still arranging and putting up more shelves....

And a bit off topic, but these are my fighter/asian themed games sans all the dl games on wii.... just cuz....

post-262-144191892267_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892272_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892275_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892281_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892283_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892288_thumb.jpg

post-262-14419189229_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892295_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892298_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892303_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892305_thumb.jpg

post-262-144191892311_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but you HAVE to click on em'....

Everyone elses pics are already big size.....

After bugging Kaleyboy to tell me how to do post photos over and over again- I'd forget how to do it in between each time I posted pics- he finally said "write it down and save it!", which I did. :angel: Here's how to do it:

1. Go to Photobucket.

2. Hover over the photo that you want and several drop down options will appear.

3. You must use the "Direct Link" option, copy it.

4. Then on KFC, click the "insert image" button, which is the button above the window where you type your text, in the 2nd column, 5th from the right, just under the blue "redo" button (It looks like a photo of two mountains with a sun in the sky).

5. When you do, a little space opens where you can put the info in- but first, clear the info that's already there "htp://", then paste in the copied link from Photobucket.

Hope that helps!

My newly arrived JC posters....

And since everyone seems to showing their HK flicks..... these are not all of them, as im still arranging and putting up more shelves....

And a bit off topic, but these are my fighter/asian themed games sans all the dl games on wii.... just cuz....

Thast an impressive quanitity of dvd's you got there. I see some gems like my heart is that eternal rose(My fave dvd cover) and the big heat. And is that organised crime and triad buerau i see? I love kirk wong crime thrillers.

Your collection of imports outnumber mine.

Why the fuck are my pics always thumbnails when everyone elses are big size???

What am I doing wrong??

An easier way, the way i do it, is create an album on your profile page and post all your memorabilia in that album (I called mine 'the moose's memorabilia') then simply click on one of the pics in that album that you want to post here on this page and simply copy and paste the 'BB code' under the picture - Like this:

picture.php?albumid=249&pictureid=5874

My almost complete stephen chow sing chi collection mainly on vcd courtesy of Chinatown Manchester

The rest of my vcd collection courtesy of Chinatown Manchester. There were/are 3 shops in Manchester chinatown(uk) that import the latest vcd releases from Hong Kong so i was able to snap up movies like S.P.L., infernal affairs trilogy, shinjuku incident, warlords, seven swords, new police story..............and others long before they were released in the west. I was the only Gwailo i ever new that used to shop there for HK movies. I have also some hong kong dvd's i got from chinatown, will upload pic in due course. Sigh - I now live down south and the nearest chinatown is London, I looked all over and couldn't find hk movies for sale anywhere in chinatown London :tinysmile_angry2_t:

That’s a nice collection of Steven Chow films!

I know what you mean about being the only white dude in some of these stores. When I would first come in they’d keep saying “No no no, only Chinese movie. No English movie.” and I’d say “yeah I know”. After a while they’d get it though. One lady was so awesome to my friend and I. She said You always come visit. You are like my two American sons.” So we got to calling her “Ma”. Lovely lady. I’ll never forget all the kind things she did for me. Once I asked “Is there any chance you can hold these films for a couple of days for me? I’ll be back when I get payed.” She said “Just take them. I trust you. You pay me next time.” I couldn’t believe it. Never in my life had anyone that owned a store ever said anything like that to me. She would even try to find older titles for us that we were searching for. Mad respect to my “Chinese Mom”.

nice...im on board maybe hit me with a dc for promoting it on my site huh huh lol

cant wait to see that

Okeedoke. Thanks. It’s going to be a while though.

I'll get round to my posters, eventually. Most of them are rolled up as I haven't got any space to put them up.

Same problem here- tons of great posters- not enough wall space. I switch out my posters a couple of times a year so that I can enjoy different ones.

Ahhhh… these look so good all in the same labels and all.

I see you have stone age warriors. Now there's a movie I never got to see.

It took so many years before I found a copy of that one. I really enjoyed it.

I won't mention beetlejuice(I have worse films haha)

What’s wrong with BEETLEJUICE? :smile: Great film. :bigsmile:

More good stuff, Bob! Don't think that Jaa figure is too bad, certainly a novel item.

True. A poorly sculpted and painted (cross-eyed!) Tony Jaa figure is better than none at all. But what a missed opportunity for a killer figure.

And btw, yes... you are the only one (that I know of) who puts his movies in alphabetical order:bigsmile:

I divide them into countries, decades, genres, myself.

Really? LOL It makes it so much easier to find everything! I do have my films broken down into some sub groups, but each of these is still in alphabetical order. I’ve got separate sections for:

Sonny Chiba

Kaiju Eiga/ giant robots and monsters

Jet Li

Akira Kurosawa

Shaw Brothers

Lone Wolf and Cub (movies, TV series, TV movies, manga collection)

Zatoichi

VCDs

Jackie Chan

Takashi Miike

And my non-Asian films are split up into:

Comedy

Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Drama/Action/War/Westerns

KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARM hiding behind this & a few other pics?

You are correct! It's in a frame, but it's not hanging. It's actually a terrible painting and doesn't do the film justice at all. The likenesses of the different actors range from passable to truly horrendous. The face on the painting of Lo Meng looks more like a poorly done Tomisabura Wakayama! Despite my disappointment with it, I couldn't resist the $5.00 price tag I paid for it at Spencer Gifts in the mall. :smile:

Really? LOL It makes it so much easier to find everything! I do have my films broken down into some sub groups, but each of these is still in alphabetical order.

Love to alphabetize my flix. And my wee one loves to de-alphabetize everything.

Other week, I had nearly 200 films on the floor. Oy....

(The kids now have 80 flix of their own. No way I'm going to try to keep that mess in order! :cry:)