DiP

SPL II: A Time For Consequences (aka Killzone 2) (2015) - Wu Jing, Tony Jaa

did i see a floaty knee in that teaser hope that's kept to a minimal

Mmhmm. :neutral: That's a bad sign. Especially when you only see three seconds of action, and one strike looks like that. Unless... are they fighting in space? Or maybe on a plane that's crashing? :sad:

I couldn't tell what I saw. Too short and out of focus. That's what she said.;)

:xd:

Plus, it was stretched to the wrong aspect ratio. A terrible presentation.

did i see a floaty knee in that teaser hope that's kept to a minimal

It looked like the same wire-assisted move that Jija Yanin performs on the rooftop during the finale of 'Chocolate'. I'll echo redenn's sentiments and hope that the wire-assisted moves are kept to a minimum.

It looked like the same wire-assisted move that Jija Yanin performs on the rooftop during the finale of 'Chocolate'. I'll echo redenn's sentiments and hope that the wire-assisted moves are kept to a minimum.

No shit? I don't remember wire-assisted stuff in CHOCOLATE, but it's been a long time since I watched it.

At this point it seems like action choreographers just can't resist putting some of this lame looking wire stuff in their work, even when most of it is otherwise excellent. KUNG FU JUNGLE is a perfect example.

If those floaty shots are from the finale scene then it should be kept as minimal as possible because you ALWAYS save the best for the last (ex: Pedicab Driver, Drunken Master 2, Ong Bak 2, Kung Fu Jungle). Thumbs up to everything else! Jaa must've had alot of input in the choreography.

No shit? I don't remember wire-assisted stuff in CHOCOLATE, but it's been a long time since I watched it.

2:23 is the shot I was referring to -

enU89_2k55s

Back on track, the full trailer looks like it could be a solid mix of dark drama and decent fu. Fingers crossed, Jaa needs some serious redemption after 'Tom Yum Goong 2'.

Thanks for the full trailer Maz.

Okay, that looks good! Excitement has returned. With Soi Cheang as the director we know things are going to get very dark and gritty.

2:23 is the shot I was referring to -

enU89_2k55s

Back on track, the full trailer looks like it could be a solid mix of dark drama and decent fu. Fingers crossed, Jaa needs some serious redemption after 'Tom Yum Goong 2'.

Just so you know- I totally believed you. I just didn't remember it. But thanks for the clip. Despite it's flaws, I think CHOCOLATE is great. It's filed with action, and Jeeja looks tough as Hell.

Dion Lam is the AD. Hella underrated if you ask me, he can do everything.

While the man has worked on a lot of different types of projects (Hollywood superhero, CGI-fu, 90s-era wire-fu, battle sequences, gunplay, etc.), I'm not a huge fan of his work (perhaps I need to watch his more obscure films and write about them). Hopefully the action here will be more Revenge of Angel and Shanghai, Shanghai than anything else.

With Soi Cheang as the director we know things are going to get very dark and gritty.

Just like 'The Monkey King'?:tongue: Jokes aside, if this maintains the same tone of Cheang's work like 'Dog Bite Dog', then we'll be in for a treat

Despite it's flaws, I think CHOCOLATE is great. It's filed with action, and Jeeja looks tough as Hell.

'Chocolate' was an awesome debut for Jija Yanin, the way the action builds up to the epic finale is pitch perfect. Shame she hasn't made a good movie since.

Wow wasn't expecting it to be so gritty, looks good from the trailer. Does this have anything to do with the first SPL?

I think it's the same deal as the 'Tiger Cage' trilogy, thematically linked, but no continuity between them. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Holy shit balls in a haystack, I totally forgot Zhang Jin from the Grandmaster was in this movie, lol.. He was awesome in Grandmaster, I think he was in the first fight scene in the brothel.

Zhang actually was the main nemesis of Zhang Ziyi's character. He fights her at the train station as well :)

I think OAB is right...it was originally conceived as a prequel, but I think it is now a thematic sequel.

Just like 'The Monkey King'?:tongue: Jokes aside, if this maintains the same tone of Cheang's work like 'Dog Bite Dog', then we'll be in for a treat

Ohhhh.... :ooh: I still haven't watched it yet, but based on the trailer... Oh. :neutral: Somehow I missed or forgot that he directed THE MONKEY KING.

I think it's the same deal as the 'Tiger Cage' trilogy, thematically linked, but no continuity between them. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I think OAB is right...it was originally conceived as a prequel, but I think it is now a thematic sequel.

No shit guys? I was still under the impression that this was a prequel as I hadn't heard anything different. Either way though, I'm looking forward to it.

Nice trailer, although I couldn't help but think Death Warrant while watching it. :)

Funny... after not seeing it for decades, I just watched DEATH WARRANT last week because my buddy Karlos sent me the Blu-ray set 3 JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME FAVORITES. It's still fun, and I see what you mean DrNgor.

I have a feeling that Wu Jing vs Tony Jaa is going to be the best fight scene in the film and the final fight a big disappointment, from the looks of it. Weird lensing, overly done cinematography, and bad-looking wirework. Everything else, I hope they get it right.