• Announcements

• SMK

Forum Registration & Rules   09/22/2015

Hello and welcome to the Kung Fu Fandom forums at ShaolinChamber36.com. This post is to assist new members understand the registration process, as well as, provide some general rules of the forum-at-large.   While anyone may browse the forums you must register if you wish to participate. Registration is a simple process.   REGISTRATION   (1) To register, click on the 'Sign Up' button located at the top right of the page and proceed to fill out the required fields of Display Name, Email Address, Password, Confirm Password. Enter the captcha code in the Security Check section.  When registering, you also have the option to check or uncheck whether you'd like to receive 'news and updates'. We suggest you read the 'Terms of Use' by clicking on the words. Then check the box after doing so. You then click on 'Create my Account'.   The following message will appear on the screen:

Please confirm your email
      We sent an email to [your email address]. It contains a link you need to click in order to confirm your account.

Resend Confirmation Email | Change Email Address | Sign Out | Cancel Registration

The email you will receive will be from sender 'Kung Fu Fandom', with the subject title, 'You must validate your account to continue'. Inside the email will read: 
        Kung Fu Fandom    

Hi [display name], 
      Thanks for registering. Click the button below to validate your account and get started. 

Validate my Email address

— Kung Fu Fandom   Once you click on 'Validate my Email address', you should receive an email stating the following:   Kung Fu Fandom    Hi [display name], 
      Your registration request has been approved at Kung Fu Fandom. You can now sign in with the password you chose when signing up. 
        Go to Kung Fu Fandom 
        — Kung Fu Fandom   Once you've completed the registration process, and you proceed back to the forum and sign in, we do recommend you take some time to personalize your account by editing your profile by filling out all the fields you wish to. At the top of the page, to the left of your display name, click on the default avatar to go to your profile page. Here you will be able to add an avatar and even a cover photo, which by the way, both could be animated gifs.
      If you have any questions regarding any of the steps listed above, please do not hesitate in asking for help by sending an email to shaolinchamber36@gmail.com
      Thank you for registering on Kung Fu Fandom.       RULES   1. Treat other members with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated. Pretend as if we were sitting at one large table instead of a thousand scattered computers across the world. Insulting and flaming or personal attacks against forum members will be not tolerated. Discrimination (age/gender/race/etc) is prohibited. Let's all play nice.   2. Though this is a global community, the forum language is English only. Please use other languages in PM only.   3. Spamming or posting ads is prohibited. Any post considered spam will be removed. Spam accounts will be deleted.   4. Please do not post in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary. Use of color fonts (other than standard black) and LARGE fonts should be used sparingly and only to accentuate.   5. While re-posting of information found elsewhere is permissible, please provide a link to the source. Copying information and then posting it as your own is highly frowned on. Google is a wonderful tool to catch plagiarists-in-denial.   6. Posting of personal information or PMs is prohibited. The P in PM stands for "private." Please keep it that way.   7. Before beginning a new thread, use the search tool to see if the topic has been created prior. Bumping of old threads is permissible and it helps to avoid redundancy.   8. Please be considerate in the language you use on the forum. Swearing is not completely banned, just do not swear unnecessarily and only use minor words. Discussion of sexual acts is strictly forbidden.   9. Please do not post inappropriate material. Use common sense. If you would not feel comfortable viewing it at work, or in front of children or parents, then don't post it.   10. Discussion of warnings and/or bans is strictly prohibited. Send a moderator a PM if you have questions.   11. Discussion of forum moderation is also strictly prohibited. Again, PM a moderator with questions or concerns.   12. If you have concerns about a user or thread, report it immediately to a moderator.   13. If a post or thread is closed or deleted by a mod, please don't start a new thread "Why was my post/thread .. closed/deleted?" PM a moderator.   14. Multiple accounts per individual are not permitted. Anyone discovered with multiple accounts will have ALL their accounts deactivated.   I think these rules are clear and easy to follow. They are in place to ensure our community is a fun and a comfortable atmosphere for all. Any questions or concerns, feel free to PM a moderator or admin. Thank you once again for joining KUNG FU FANDOM!
    • SMK

Kung Fu Fandom Forum- The Return   12/10/2016

What Happened? The server that the ShaolinChamber36.com website was on, suffered a "catastrophic failure" a little over 2 weeks ago, which resulted in the site being down for about 3 days. While the site was able to come back (though not without some faults) the forum remained offline. Though the website files were able to be safely transferred by the web host to a new server, due to the incident, the database of the forum ended up being corrupted. So although everything having to do with the forum was also transferred to a new server, with the database corrupted, this caused fatal errors to come up when trying to access the forum. Unfortunately, backups of the database were reporting missing or faulty files, and the only working database that was able to be recovered without error, dated back to February 1, 2016. Of course we did not simply accept this bad news, and proceeded to try everything we could, consulting with experts in the field, to somehow recover/repair the missing data. But sadly, to no avail. What this means is, the last 9 months of posts, threads, new member registrations, images posted in the gallery, etc. were all unable to be restored. We sincerely apologize for this, and deeply regret being unable to return the forum back to its original state before the server crashed. Part of what we pay the server company for monthly is to keep the site and forum safely backed up. We are absolutely stunned and saddened at this hard-to-swallow turn of events. Needless to say this has been a humbling learning experience and new safeguards have already been put in place to hopefully prevent a loss like this from ever happening again. As they say: "If you want something done right, do it yourself." So from here on out we'll handle it personally. A complete backup of the site will take place once a week, while a backup of the forum's database will happen every 24 hours. We have gone into the forum and tried to repair whatever flaws we could find (for instance, SMK manually restored dozens of avatar photos that weren't showing up), but we wanted to get the forum back online as soon as possible. So if any of you spot problems. please PM one of us or a moderator to alert us. Thank you. No doubt this news will be tough to hear for many members, but thankfully we did not lose all 13 years of our beloved forum. As we have learned from the film's that inspired this gathering of fans in the first place, everyone gets knocked down, but what's most important is that you get back up. So, like the battered heroes we love to watch, we to shall dust ourselves off from this brutal blow, wipe the blood from our mouths, and leap forward with the tenacity of unbeatable dragons. Long live the Kung Fu Fandom Forum!  - SMK & Kung Fu Bob
    • SMK

Chat Service   05/14/2017

Unfortunately, the developers of this forum, who also created the chat feature we had implemented here, are no longer supporting the Chat service and have discontinued it. There is now an alternate chat in place. You will find a link to it in the 'BROWSE' menu at the top of the forum.
Sign in to follow this  
OldPangYau

List of classic MA films with Pink Floyd music?

OldPangYau    11

So, I was listening to the live version of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon today, when I was thinking... "Damn, there were a lot of 70s martial arts films that just used Pink Floyd music whenever they damn well pleased". This also got me thinking about trying to put together a list of classic MA films that used PF music and which tracks. I'll give it a shot and start with ones off the top of my head (this will also include Shaw Bros films, just to be "all inclusive"). I'll start with the film that caught my attention with Pink Floyd first, The Big Boss:

-The Big Boss:

1. "Time" (only in Cantonese tracks as well as late 90s 5.1 Mandarin remix for Universe Laser DVD - peppered throughout this version)

2. "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party (Entertainment)" (Opening was used in two segments of the Japanese version - as present on the Japanese soundtrack - while a later segment of the track was mixed with "Time" in the Cantonese version as Hsiu Chien and Ah Pei try to leave Hsiao Mi's mansion)

3. "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party (Entrance)" (Drumroll/cymbal hit ending also mixed in with the above two tracks in the Cantonese version right before the fight with Hsiu Chien and Ah Pei against the henchmen)

4. "Obscured by Clouds" (Used twice in the Cantonese version - Once after Hsiu and Cheng leave the gambling den and are stalked by the bouncers, then later when we first meet Hsiao Mi as his son is training)

-Bruce Lee: The Man and The Legend:

1. "One of These Days" (Plays several times in the film, but most prominently in the Game of Death footage)

2. "On The Run" (Plays during the Sai Fong photoshoot segment)

-Fist of Unicorn:

1. "One of These Days"

-Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger:

1. "Shine on You Crazy Diamond" (Plays when "Dragon" is sneaking around a hotel room... I think, been a while since I've seen it last!)

-The Delinquent:

1. "Astronomy Domine" (Plays at least once during the final battle)

2. "The Grand Vizier's Garden Party (Entertainment)" (Mixed in as part of the film's main theme)

I'm sure there's plenty more, but these were just off the top of my head as I'm procrastinating working on something else :tongue:

shapes    11

One of these days used in:

Snakey knight fight against mantis

Roaring Lion.

played live:

Echoes is used in a lot of movies from early 70's from HK and Taiwan

teako170    373

Love the Floyd. Hope this thread gets some posts as it would be interesting to see a list. In Chinatown Kid (not sure about the IVL but definitely the Southgate release), there was a PF'ish type melody that repeated several times though I could never put my finger on the exact song.

panku    236

Over the past year or so I've been making it a habit of writing down all the music I recognize in all the Hong Kong / Taiwan films I watch. These are the ones I've found that have some Pink Floyd in them that I've seen during this time:

April Fool (Come in Number 51, Your Time is Up - Zabriskie Point)

Bedeviled, The (Echoes Meddle)

Chinatown Capers (The Grand Vizier's Garden Party - Ummagumma)

Chinatown Capers (When You're In - Obscured By Clouds)

Delinquint, The (The Grand Vizier's Garden Party - Ummagumma)

Delinquint, The (Astronomy Domine - Ummagumma)

Gambling For Gold (The Grand Vizier's Garden Party - Ummagumma)

Gambling For Gold (Astronomy Domine - Ummagumma)

Gambling For Gold (Atom Heart Mother - Atom Heart Mother)

Happenings, The (Echoes - Meddle)

Happenings, The (Absolutely Curtains - Obscured By Clouds)

Hunchback, The (One of These Days - Meddle)

Kung Fu Inferno (Echoes - Meddle)

Legends of Lust (Heart Beat, Pig Meat - Zabriskie Point)

Operation White Shirt (Time - Dark Side of the Moon)

Operation White Shirt (On the Run - Dark Side of the Moon)

Pier, The (Time - Dark Side of the Moon)

Roaring Lion, The (One of These Days - Meddle)

Tales of Larceny (Careful With That Axe, Eugene)

Tiger Jump (Time - Dark Side of the Moon)

Training Camp (Atom Heart Mother - Atom Heart Mother)

Young Rebel, The (On the Run - Dark Side of the Moon)

Young Rebel, The (Time - Dark Side of the Moon)

I think I remember hearing a part of A Saucerful of Secrets in Furious Avenger, but I would have to go back and re-watch it to be sure.

Eastern Evil    12

It isn't Floyd, but 'Mercenaries From Hong Kong' uses a Blue Oyster cult song throughout & it's pretty cool - better than Blue Oyster Cult did it at the very least!