I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Guest kenichiku

What ELSE (other than KUNG FU) has everyone been watching?

Anybody seen Fright Night? This was on the other night and it was a damn good horror comedy about a teenager that has a vampire move in next door, check it out if you get the chance. I wish they would show the Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly between now and Halloween on cable, used to love that gross out movie and haven't seen it in a long time!

On 10/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, Secret Executioner said:

Today's (unpleasant) horror watch - Lucio Fulci's The New York Ripper (Italy, 1982)

I remember getting this one on DVD a decade ago and it was gross with those slasher scenes and that raunchy "toe" sex scene. Definitely fits the bill when you're in the mood for trashy exploitive entertainment though I found it offputting too.😎

@CT KID  Yeah, that scene with the latinos made me REALLY uncomfortable - I think I mentionned it in my review. and I guess being even more offputting than the very brutal and gory murders occuring in the movie is kind of an impressive feat.

Tonight's viewing - a pre-The Room Greg "Mark" Sestero movie called Retro Puppet Master (USA, 1999)

On 10/23/2019 at 11:04 PM, CT KID said:

Anybody seen Fright Night? This was on the other night and it was a damn good horror comedy about a teenager that has a vampire move in next door, check it out if you get the chance. I wish they would show the Jeff Goldblum version of The Fly between now and Halloween on cable, used to love that gross out movie and haven't seen it in a long time!

The original 80s one is a great film if that's the one you mean.

18 hours ago, Graeme Of Death said:

The original 80s one is a great film if that's the one you mean.

Yeah that's the one, I didn't even know it had been remade!

Devil's Junction: Handy Dandy's Revenge. I saw the film last Friday with the film's official release set for today. The film revolves around a former TV station that becomes a house of horrors when a group of college-age kids go in as the dad of one of them has bought it and plans to turn in into condos. The TV show shot there, a 1960s era children's show called the Handy Dandy and Mr. Jolly Show, was also a crime scene with supposed child killings that ended when Mr. Jolly committed suicide. However, Jolly isn't dead but is actually a black magic wizard hellbent on revenge and brings to life Handy Dandy and his puppets to begin killing the kids one by one. It can be more seen as a homage to the slasher/ghost movies with the typical characters and kills.

Bill Oberst Jr. is great as Mr. Jolly and Bill "Chop-Top/Otis" Moseley makes the most of his screen time as the father of one of the kids, who has a more hidden agenda in buying the building. Oberst actually commented on my review of the film and it made my day!

https://worldfilmgeek.com/2019/11/01/devils-junction-handy-dandys-revenge-2019/

Knives Out and Black Christmas- didnt even particularly want to see either of these but have been in situations where I had to kill a couple hours and catching a flick didnt seem like a bad idea. IP Man 4 and Star Wars Rise of Skywalker where you at? lol