I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
waywardsage

War of the Arrows (2011)

very good, recommended movie.

basically because theres not a single dragging or straight up boring sequence.

to make it clear for everyone once and for all: WotA does not have intricate open hand or sword fighting. its all about shooting arrows (and a bit of stabbing and punching every now and then).

its not particularly imaginative, its just solid performances and good direction and a standard plot that keeps things moving along.

i enjoyed those 2 hours i had with the flick; well crafted entertainment without any real highs or lows.

twice or thrice, they`d lose a bit of tightness and flow; i assume thats a decision due to keeping the overall pace before keeping every bit of the script.

ps: the tiger is still there. i didnt watch any teaser material, so i wouldnt know if theres been changes to the tiger sequence. imo, it didnt hurt having it in the movie.

1 its very brief. 2 for every irritating moment watching the cg tiger, theres a nice editing quickie of tiger attack, hinting at the majestic force this animal unleashes.

3 they`d use the tiger theme as a relatively important plot device, including foreshadowing and whatnot. would have been a letdown not to have an actual tiger appear in the course of the story.

7.7/10 good period flick.

OK I just got this movie and watched it, I thought it was excellent another Great movie put out by the Korean film industry! The movie reminded me of Apocalypto when they were hunting him down. Great storyline and a lot of action not to much Sword fighting more with the Arrows but it never let up. The part with CGI Tiger was a little cheaply done I wish they could've made him more realistic. but still a good scene with the Tiger in it.

just saw this film.....AWSOME....really is...doesnt slow up like jmungus previously mentioned....gets pretty intense at times especially the last 30-35 minutes ....great acting great story, action everything....9/10

just saw this film.....AWSOME....really is...doesnt slow up like jmungus previously mentioned....gets pretty intense at times especially the last 30-35 minutes ....great acting great story, action everything....9/10

read me again. i said quite the opposite :tongue: meaning we re on the same page on the (good) pace. i just felt that on 1 or 2 occassions, the movie went a little choppy, like they had cut out parts or never shot them in the first place, resulting in what felt like a rather abrupt stop, whereas most of the flicks story bits would play out fluently. and my theoy is, they`d do so in order to maintain the good pace.

War of Arrows

The ARROW hit ITS mark....me!

I saw this last night. Skeptical going into it. Almost gave up on it twice in the first 1/2 hour. But after this thing started 'rockin' rock it did.

Has anyone else seen this?

I loved the Ching villains. The Ching solders costumes were great.

An all out bow and arrow fight.

I really got into this movie in the second half and it turned out to be one hell of a ride.

I highly recommend this movie.

The beginning was a little F-up as anyone who saw it might agree. As our hero and his sister were saved in one scene as children, then the very next fully grown up....not sure if the hero was the same actor who played the young son of the killed general.......

anyway

"Mikeeee likes it".

:wink:

GD Y-Y

read me again. i said quite the opposite :tongue: meaning we re on the same page on the (good) pace. i just felt that on 1 or 2 occassions, the movie went a little choppy, like they had cut out parts or never shot them in the first place, resulting in what felt like a rather abrupt stop, whereas most of the flicks story bits would play out fluently. and my theoy is, they`d do so in order to maintain the good pace.

Myfault I was indeed cosigning with you lol meant to say .doesnt slow up like just like jmungus previously mentioned

lol

Saw it without subs. Came off fine. Loved the arrow stuff. They were not even subtle with doing Apocalypto pretty much verbatim. Tiger replaced the panther. That's a bit too much for me. It was well done, but my head was out of it once I realized that they were doing that.

Damn, I never even made the Apocalypto connection. Probably better that I didn't as I ended up being a bit disappointed overall. The opening scene made me worried that the filming was going to remain with that "made for tv" look. I liked the last 30 min or so when the red armor guys were chasing the hero, but for the most part I was underwhelmed. :squigglemouth:

Found: War of the Arrows in my local library two days ago.

Saw the movie when it first came out on DVD.

The second time around is really a charm

What a well crafted and impressive movie.

How many other Korean kung fu movies are this good?

Recommendations please.

Some of the best Ching villains of all time.

Ryu-Seung-Ryong-in-War-of-the-Arrows-2011-Movie-Image.jpg

Thanks.

GD Y-Y

Just watched this on Netflix (who incorrectly states the villians are Mongols) and had a great time with it. After reading this thread before hand I was dredding the Tiger scene but it didn't last nearly as long as I thought it was so it didn't bother me too much. I was rolling my eyes more at the cliff jumping scene.

I'm a big fan of period films to the point where that's almost all I will watch. I've seen very few Korean films (Musa, Shadowless Sword, War of the Arrrows, The Pirates) but I've really loved what I've seen so far. I'm going to be looking for more types of these films.