Boss metal Zone MT-2

Digitech Factory Chorus CF-7

Digitech JamMan

Pod XT

Boss Noise Supressor NS-2

Boss Super distortion and Feedbacker DF-2

Boss BCB 60 (Case)

Crate GFX-15 DSP

I'm a musician, I play old school punk metal. Have a band called ASTRUM, and a solo project called Kosmokrater. I have CDs and youtube clips of this. Also have an electro project I recorded an EP for. I play guitar, bass, vocals, percussion, synths.

I used to play guitar and sing in a couple punk/metal/hardcore bands. I'm not really musically active at the moment and I sold most of my gear for food and rent during a financial crisis I had last year. I still have my Epiphone SG and play it every once in a while. I'd really like to start jamming/recording/playing shows again.

I'm a bad guitarist, so I need to pick it up again. I'm also interested in unusual instruments (things like audio generators etc).

I'm also into metal/punk. BTW, kungpowmaster, I added Astrum on myspace sometime ago. The stuff on there is promising (right up my alley!). I'll check out the youtube clips.

I play guitar, had a band in high school/college called Automind. You can hear some of our stuff on last.fm or here: www.againstnature.us/BH/Automind/index.htm

It's slow heavy metal, I guess.

I also had prog rock ish band called Living Incense, whose only recording is The Five Deadly Venoms which I'm still sitting on, it's not released, yet. Hope to get back to this project soon as I get out of grad school.

Also have a traditional Vietnamese music duo w/ my SO. I play the moon lute (dan nguyet) and she the zither (dan tranh, similar to guzheng, koto, kayageum)

OP - from your equipment, seems like you're another metalhead

Equipment:

Westbury standard guitar w/ Tony Iommi pickups

Schecter shred type guitar; both guitars are scalloped for playing Vietnamese music also.

Some no name bass for noodling around

Laney AOR30 amp

Sovtek Mig 50 Tube Midget Amp

MXR flanger, chorus

Snarling Dogs Wah

Moon lute

Cool, Asmo. I've been doing all the vocals, but we just got a new singer, a female. I'm thinking it might give off more a SacrilegeUK sound, but it won't change much as I still am writing all the songs.

Looking forward to hearing it.

By the way, it's pretty cool to find so many metalheads (not that I don't enjoy other types of music) on this board.

Too freakin funny, metal musician seeks black metal but not black metal musicians (like that was an issue in Issaquah):

All races are welcome except for blacks, so if you are black, pleae do not respond to this ad. I am not racist, it is a drug issue and a safety issue and I cannot have black people at my house. I live in Issaquah and use my house as a practice space.

http://gawker.com/5884214/best-classified-ad-of-all-time-seeks-metal-band-mates-no-blacks

Belive me, where Celtic Frost failed, I will succeed.

I'm a musician, I play old school punk metal. Have a band called ASTRUM, and a solo project called Kosmokrater. I have CDs and youtube clips of this. Also have an electro project I recorded an EP for. I play guitar, bass, vocals, percussion, synths.

You have the electro project posted anywhere to hear?

I think I've posted on a couple of these threads over the years:tongue:

I've played bass for 25 years, I still have 3 out of the 4 basses I've owned in my life, 3/4 double bass, 76 Gibson Thunderbird, 6 string Curbow. I have an 80's Ampeg SVT (Crate bought Ampeg in the late 80's, the amps were never the same quality) with 8-10 stack. I have a pickup on my upright that I can plug in, it will move the drinks off the table.

I also sing and write, my music is a bit off the wall, kind of beachy with an edge. I took a break from music when I moved to Florida, been back playing again and looking to do some open mics for now solo, pulling out some old songs I wrote and select covers.

I love all kinds of music, I've gotten into traditional ethnic music and instruments, hoping my friend working in China can send me an erhu so I can sit down and learn something different.

I think I've posted on a couple of these threads over the years:tongue:

I love all kinds of music, I've gotten into traditional ethnic music and instruments, hoping my friend working in China can send me an erhu so I can sit down and learn something different.

As mentioned previously I'm studying traditional vietnamese music. If the situation in China is at all similar to Vietnam, it's really hard to get a good quality instrument unless you have connections - retail music stores seem to cater mostly to impulsive tourist buys.

On the other hand, it seems poking around forums on the 'net that the guzheng has a pretty active American community that imports instruments and also some are made right here. In fact the tonewood for the guzheng - paulownia tomentosa grows really well out in the Carolinas.

Maybe they'd have a domestic source for erhu, too, snakeskin soundboards and all.

As mentioned previously I'm studying traditional vietnamese music. If the situation in China is at all similar to Vietnam, it's really hard to get a good quality instrument unless you have connections - retail music stores seem to cater mostly to impulsive tourist buys.

On the other hand, it seems poking around forums on the 'net that the guzheng has a pretty active American community that imports instruments and also some are made right here. In fact the tonewood for the guzheng - paulownia tomentosa grows really well out in the Carolinas.

Maybe they'd have a domestic source for erhu, too, snakeskin soundboards and all.

I looked up the moon lute on youtube, very cool, I have a couple traditional Vietnamese songs in the ipod, I'll have to look for some more.

I'd have my friend go through someone Chinese at work to get the erhu, looking on ebay they do have them there. You can get it cheaper in China but with shipping it probably evens out. It's kind of intimidating walking into one of these instruments blind.

I looked up the moon lute on youtube, very cool, I have a couple traditional Vietnamese songs in the ipod, I'll have to look for some more.

I'd have my friend go through someone Chinese at work to get the erhu, looking on ebay they do have them there. You can get it cheaper in China but with shipping it probably evens out. It's kind of intimidating walking into one of these instruments blind.

Cool - if you can find them, the Vietnamese music series on the UNESCO/Phillips label or the Ocora/RadioFrance label are top notch. The album that turned my interest back to traditional acoustic music from the whole Black Sabbath - Motorhead - Carcass death metal trajectory was a compilation of Vietnamese artists who sought refuge in the US after the war - it was called Eternal Voices.