I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
OpiumKungFuCracker

Riots in London

They need to start getting tough. Issue a warning that looters/rioters will be shot, and then do it. These people don't understand or respect anything but brute force. If they see a couple of their buddies with their brains on the pavement they will disperse and go home.

The UK has bent over backwards to accommodate foreigners and enemy ideologies and look where it has got them. Time to STAND UP,CUT THE WELFARE TO FOREIGNERS/DEPORT UNDESIRABLES,AND TO THE POLITICIANS - GROW A BACKBONE. The UK needs a strong leader WHO WILL CRACK DOWN now. This need to stop or anarchy will prevail.

When they asked an MP about the possible use of water cannons, he replied 'Well, there's legal ramifications involved with the use of cannons'...Sums it all up really :neutral:

I heard from some expert on the news that water cannons are more effectivewith a stationary crowd you want to disperse rather than the situation of the last few nights. Still I can't think why it wouldn't hurt .They deserve everything they get.

The thing is once this is over, what then? There's no way they are going to jail everybody they catch and they all need to know that there is serious ramifications for their actions. I was thinking they need to give all theseArsonists, thugs and looters literally thousands of hours of community service. The ones that really won't go to jail should be forced to work a 40 hour week's doing community service. Perhaps some of them can rebuild what they have destroyed, making them do this for the equivalent of a jail Term. Perhaps have them live in hostels with strict curfews. I don't know something that's going to make them regret their actions and put off others to know they'll get away scot-free.

The thing is once this is over, what then? .

I don't live there and I'm generally pretty liberal, but anyone involved in the riots that immigrated to the UK should be deported. Obviously you're not happy living there, so you can go back to where you immigrated from and start over somewhere else.

They need to start getting tough. Issue a warning that looters/rioters will be shot, and then do it. These people don't understand or respect anything but brute force. If they see a couple of their buddies with their brains on the pavement they will disperse and go home.

Yep. Either that or they'll decide to arm themselves and go to war with the Police. Robbery is never a justifiable excuse for murder. Didn't this whole thing kick off over a police shooting?

I heard from some expert on the news that water cannons are more effectivewith a stationary crowd you want to disperse rather than the situation of the last few nights. Still I can't think why it wouldn't hurt .They deserve everything they get.

The English are never shy about getting out the water cannons when the Irish get out of hand...but some MP's are getting all precious about using them on good ol Englishmen.

I agree that harsh, potentially violent measures need to be undertaken to get things under control...shooting looters on sight may be a tad extreme, but the water cannons seem like a good place to start.

It's stupefying how quickly civilized people descend to lawlessness.:ooh:

It's a grand degree of apathy and selfishness. An act of compassion used to deceive and take advantage. Then....if and when.....force is finally used to halt this type of behavior, its very perpetrators will be the ones crying about the inhumanity of those actions.

The proper adjectives haven't been created yet to correctly describe the utterly base stupidity of some people.

I hope none of you UK bros. are personally suffering from this.

So the only Sony warehouse in the UK just got burned down? Wow just wow. After the first night, someone somewhere should have just declared martial law and had every available military unit do a sweep of the London area.

Also, punks here in the US already had ideas like this in their heads. The latest incident was a 300+ person brawl at the Wisconsin state fair over the weekend.

They need to start getting tough. Issue a warning that looters/rioters will be shot, and then do it.

Except maybe the odd hunting rifle I don't think guns are very common in the UK.

I almost got caught in a riot in London years ago at the "kill the bill" protests, this is on a whole different level. Scary stuff.

Guest Markgway
The English are never shy about getting out the water cannons when the Irish get out of hand...but some MP's are getting all precious about using them on good ol Englishmen.

The Irish? What are you talking about?

The UK government is afraid of the EU and their human rights laws. They might end up being forced to pay out compensation to anyone they injure. And no I'm not joking. That's how fucked things have gotten over here.

I'm in no way an expert on Great Britain but it's odd that comparable events happened under Tatcher's rule in '85. Maybe there's something to think about here, Cameron is a big fan of Tatcher. Government cuts, high unemployment and diminution of spending power... Maybe if people finally realised that violence and crime is very often linked directly to pauverty and not some evil crime gene...

Also, punks here in the US already had ideas like this in their heads. The latest incident was a 300+ person brawl at the Wisconsin state fair over the weekend.

It was more random/separate acts of violence than a big group brawl. It was sporadic, and all over the place (spread out). My fiance, her 2 kids, her sister, and 4 other family members were there (and all separate areas of the park, prob 3-4 groups), and never saw/heard anything.

At least the Turkish are doing something about it... I love it when a community fights back, this is a thing of beauty!!!

That's f'ing awesome. The best thing to stop a mob is a bigger group of people to stand up to them.

Guest Markgway

The riots have spread: Birmingham, Northampton, Manchester, Liverpool... already affected by violence.

The english youth are out of control. from a very young age they learn in school (the only thing some of them do learn) that they can do what they want and there is nothing the teachers can do.

they leave school and quickly learn that it`s no different with the police.

peers have alot more influence than parents. so blaming the parents is not always the right thing to do.

bring back national servic, teach them some respect.

I heard a couple of the looters being interviewed on BBC radio, they basically said the only reason they are doing this is because they can and no one is stopping them. Plus, even if they get caught it will be their first offense so there will be no real punishment anyways.

This basically won't stop until people other than the police start to patrol the streets and stand up to them. Easier said than done, I know.