I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Rhythm-X

Miramax WING CHUN on Netflix Instant in HD

It's easily been a decade at the very least since I last watched the Tai Seng release of the film to compare, but I seriously doubt this Miramax version was cut... and if that wasn't the original music it was a world-class synth-powered approximation of a typical mid-1990s Hong Kong score. The only obvious alteration is the addition of the Miramax logo to the start and end of the film. Unless there's cuts I'm missing here, slap this exact presentation on a Blu-ray and I'll buy it on principle.

As far as I know, Miramax only wrecked films they had concrete plans of releasing. The films they bought and shelved for years without touching, which have since trickled out to cable, Spanish language TV, and now Netflix, have pretty much been the model of what the customers have been asking for from DVD/Blu-ray releases (and even, on rare occasion, getting). High quality actual HD transfers, uncut, original audio mixes (well, except for on the Spanish language channels, obviously), and (what appear to be) reasonably good subtitles. I'm hoping against hope for their HD, retranslated, subtitled-end-text version of PEKING OPERA BLUES (which ran on Kung Fu HD back when that channel was around) to make an appearance.

It may be worth checking out then. It would be nice if they released it uncut on blueray or dvd sometime soon. I may have to check it out compared to my old dvd release. Cool!