I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Flashlegs Pete Jr

North Korean Martial Arts Movies

Did you already buy from this Korean site ? Do they accept paypal ? I sent them a message, but still haven't got any answer...

Thanks for any information.

I emailed them also with no response. I would never ever trust putting my CC info with them.. Best bet is to buy from Jamal. He has people here say he is legit and I trust these guys opinion. Would be nice to have an official copy but I've been looking everywhere! That site wanted 60€ for two DVDs that's like 81 usd nooooooo way!

Take, for example, the very first sequence found in Jung Ki-Mo and Kim Eung-Suk’s Order No. 027. We witness an elite military troupe preparing themselves for battle with vertiginous leaping kicks and target practice before we see an insanely dangerous stunt in which three soldiers perform choreographed somersaults over the top of a moving car. This level of athleticism is mind blowing to witness. A central fight sequence mid-way through the movie replicates the intensity of the film’s opening over an elongated piece of action which recalls some of the finesse of the glory days of early Hollywood – it is as if Buster Keaton and Jackie Chan teamed up to create a deliriously exciting piece of slapstick.

The Secret History of North Korean Martial Arts Cinema

Link- https://www.filminquiry.com/secret-history-north-korean-martial-arts-cinema/

image.png

Edited by DragonClaws

On 7/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, Secret Executioner said:

I recall there were discussion on action/martial arts cinema from North Korea a few years back, with trailers and scenes found on YouTube. Thanks for bringing back this subject. :BL-Thanks:

No problem, and thanks to who-ever moved my post into this more appropriate thread.

My gut feeling is that North Korea is potentially a treasure trove of cinema, if one can look past all the politics/propaganda and judge them on their own merits.

2 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

My gut feeling is that North Korea is potentially a treasure trove of cinema, if one can look past all the politics/propaganda and judge them on their own merits. 

Do you know the English title of the North Korean movie I posted?.

Unfortunately it seems to be just called "Pyongyang Nalpharam" with no exposure to the wider Western world, so couldn't find any English titles.

10 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Unfortunately it seems to be just called "Pyongyang Nalpharam" with no exposure to the wider Western world, so couldn't find any English titles.

It been fully subtitled in English for the dialogue, odd for them not to give it some kind of a.k.a title or close translation.

1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

It been fully subtitled in English for the dialogue, odd for them not to give it some kind of a.k.a title or close translation.

Nalpharam if I remember my digging was a predecessor of what would be Taekwondo. The main characters are named Taek and Kyon, who would create the form Taekkyon, which would develop into Taekwondo. Something along the lines of that.