I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

kungpowmaster

What's the last MA film you watched?

Last night I watched:

Fung Fu Massacre.

This was OK. About a guy who returns home, and finds his uncle stabbed, and his sister missing. He pulls the knife out of his uncle, and then the towns folk see him, and accuse him, then he runs away, and get's helped by a guy, who leads him on to another guy as the killer, our hero is looking for. Well, I don't wanna give it away, as it has a twist.

Not bad, but the transfer quality was poor.

Treasure Of Bruce Lee

Please tell me you guys have seen this classic gem??? The most enjoyable movie experience of my life, If I had to choose between going on a date with Angelina Jolie or to watch Treasure Of Bruce Lee again, I'll go with Treasure Of Bruce Lee.. Am I exaggerating a little, maybe, go watch this movie now!!!

I watched a great one last night:

Ninja Strikeforce.

This was great, about a Ninja master's sword, the sword of catastrophe.

And it's stolen by the Black Ninja. Ninja Gordon must retrive it.

A younger asian man is the grandson of the Ninja Master's Master, and Gordon must learn how to defeat the black ninja, and the grandson knows the way. The grandson though, doesn't care much about the ninja things, and he works odd jobs with his sickly friend who won't quit smoking, and a retarded kid he took in. While the Black ninja is killing more Ninjas, eventually the grandson sends Ninja Gordon the method to defeat the Black ninja and wishes the force to be with him.

Great film, they just don't make them like this anymore.

Mask of the Ninja - 2008 RHI Entertainment film that stars Casper Van Dien as a hard-boiled L.A. detective who gets involved in a murder plot of a electronics technician. The technician was killed by a band of ninjas led by a Yakuza boss, played by Yuji Okumoto (Chozen from KARATE KID 2). The cop must help protect the tech's daughter with the aid of an ex-Yakuza ninja turned good guy, played by Anthony Brandon Wong (Ghost from THE MATRIX 2&3). Not too bad plot wise, but the fights were edited in Bourne-style so it there wasn't much to enjoy. Could have been better.

Rumble In The Bronx, (New Line Cinema Altered Score, and English Dubbed Version)

Why did I watch this version you may ask?? Well, because the English speaking voice over is absolutely hilarious, I could die laughing... Hearing Jackie Chan saying, Uncle or Ankle over and over again, is hilarious as shit!!! The score to this version is really good too, please don't hate me Yi-Long... I have both the uncut version and the U.S version but the Uncut version the small printed subtitles are white fonts and barely readable...

I watched a real crazy one last night:

Taoism Drunkard.

Just crazy. About this devil guy, I can't recall what they called him, but he wants this secret document that this "cherry boy" has. And the local drunken, I guess he's a Taoist priest, his brother runs the Taoist temple, needs him to find a cherry boy(virgin) born on a certain date for some ceremony. They finally meet. The cherry boy's grandmother, I believe it played by the same guy who is the Taoist drunkard. This was just a weird crazy film, and I did find it entertaining.

Last martial arts film I watched was "Legend of the Sacred Stone" which was your typical "flying swordsman with insane amounts of spinning and shooting fireballs from his hands" flick....like any one of Jet Li's flicks from the early 90s but with the choreographer on speed.

And it's all done with Puppets. PUPPETS! It blew my mind.

Here's I have watched recently:

- Dragon Lord (Original English Dubbed verison)

- My Lucky Stars (Original English Dubbed verison)

- Winners and Sinners (Original English Dubbed verison)

- Bruce Lee : The Legend

- Ip Man

- Ip Man 2

- The Little Soldier

- Spiritual Kung Fu (Original English Dubbed verison)

I watched another one I had never seen before last night:

City Of Violence.

This is a Korean film, and it's pretty good. I found it confusing at times, wondering who is who and what's going on, especially since they do a flash of the past with the characters 20 years younger, and I could not always tell who was supposed to be who. Anyway it seems about this youth friend who grows up and become involved with criminal politics, and eventually rubs and does over too many people and it catches up to him. Seems a super simple story, but the back and forth and various other characters made it confusing to me at times, and the action was at times a bit too over the top.

It was OK, I think a second viewing might be better.

ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA 2 with the Bey Logan commentary. This is the film that got me off my ass and into training in TCMA almost 20 years ago. A personal favorite.

I've been on a fu kick the past two weeks and watched several flix.

Tried watching Police Story 1 w/ Bey commentary. For some reason I just can't get into those particular JC films. :squigglemouth:

Did watch this one (below) last night.

Man Lee-Pang kicks some serious butt here folks. Danke Jamal!

EOG6u-TzMII

The Association (Uncut; tons of nudity!):tongue:

how do you know if the Association is uncut? What version do you own?

I saw Dirty Ho recently. I was a bit disappointed. I knew what to expect but it wasn't all that interesting for some reason. The end fight was good but still the rest was just sort of there

13 Assassins --- Probably the best samurai movie I've seen in ages. Comparable to "The 7 Samurai" as far as I'm concerned. The movies is just over 2 hrs. and doesn't even seem like it.

Oh, and The Big Hit starring Mark Walberg and Lou Diamond Phillips. I remember liking this when it first came out many years ago. Now? Meh. It still has its moments and there is some good action sequences in it but the small amount of MA choreography to be found is just atrocious....not because it's a small amount......it's just atrocious choreography.

how do you know if the Association is uncut? What version do you own?

I say uncut as far as I know, because my VHS of the film shows none of what I saw on the DVD by Fortune Star.

Same with the film Stoner.

Saw Choy lee fut yesterday,pretty average and Sammo was hardly in it.

Just watched undefeatable with cynthia Rothrock better then expected nice way to waste 90 min lol

Got 13 assassins to watch still.

I finally watched "Shaolin" last night and I think it's the best modern martial arts film I've seen in a while. Granted, it is a wire-fest but the story is gripping, the acting is way above par and the fights are splendid. Really, really good stuff.

Red Eagle- Average Fair really, was really looking forward to it but was kinda let-down really the whole idea was pretty good there was a lot of good violence in it, i felt it was kinda like Punisher War Zone with the Broken Bones and Violence but the camera was going mad in places its asif it couldnt keep up with the action and the ending, wow well i wont spoil it for anyone that hasnt seen it but that shocked me completely !

Next on the schedule is Profile In Anger, good Modernish Actioner that i am looking forward to !