I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

kungpowmaster

What's the last MA film you watched?

Hi,

I went through 10 pages looking for a similar thread and did not see one, so please forgive me if one exists. I know there is the sticky for what films OTHER than kung fu have you watched, and being a Kung Fu Cinema forum, it seems we should one for Kung Fu films.

Yesterday I watched an old classic of a Jospeh Lai IFD production,

Zombie Vs Ninja.

This one was not great, but it was a fun watch. It's a period piece, and I like the modern setting ninja films more, but this was a good one with magic and walking dead, and great ninja action, as well as cool fung fu.

I wish some DVD company would release the IFD and Filmark Ninja classics in high quality video.

this weekend i watched THE MAGIC WHIP was ok nothing special

THE LAST DUEL quite enjoyed it

but the standout film of the weekend BRUCE KING OF KUNG FU a true masterpiece of kung fu cinema, one of Bruce Le ' best films imo!

the snake fist training scene is the greatest;

sitting around with 3 cobras training with them and then drinking wine with them is classic!

some damn fine fights, a few great lines , well written and a good pace , highly recommend

see brother JAMAL site to get your hands on this one feb 2010

cheers

The Master (1980): an interesting twist on Chang Cheh archetypes. The movie felt 20mins too long and was pretty run-of-the-mill otherwise.

20 minutes too long!? For shame

North Shaolin vs South Shaolin - was going to start a thread about it but I got lazy. Really, really awesome and kind of crazy film. Casanova Wong - what else do you need?

My Life on the Line - I'm a little late to this one but what a great movie. Some great lines too. I will probably watch again this week.

Master With Cracked Fingers

i like this thread kungpowmaster

i usually have to post my M-a watches in the -Other- thread lol

The one with new scenes added in?It´s propably my favorite JC movie.What is best version to get?

Last year I got rarescope Cub release and was disappointed it`s not the one I wanted:cry:

The one with new scenes added in?It´s propably my favorite JC movie.What is best version to get?

Last year I got rarescope Cub release and was disappointed it`s not the one I wanted:cry:

uh i have no idea bout all that lol but this is the one i have

2nlw8sw.jpg

DvdAf says its from Madacy

uh i have no idea bout all that lol but this is the one i have

2nlw8sw.jpg

DvdAf says its from Madacy

Cub tiger from kwan tung is lacklustre but it was released later with new footage with simon yuen and korean kicker kwon yung moon...that version I want:nerd:

Snake In The Eagle's Shadow. I love old-school Hwang Cheng Li... The man's power was apparent. Too bad JC wasn't doing out-takes at that time-Huang kicked out his tooth!

:nerd:

I just watched a good one I'd not seen before:

The Invincible Armour.

I'm not sure of the actors names, but this was a good one about the guy who gets framed for a murder, and the villian is a master of the Eagle Claw, as well as Iron Armour, but the hero who was framed learns the Iron Finger.

I liked it.

I watched a good one yesterday I'd never seen before.

The Awaken Punch.

I know I have seen the hero in other films, as well as the villian boss(with moustache), but I don't know their names. I am a fan, but not an expert.

About a guy who swore off fighting, after moving home to see his dying father, but then the villian wants to buy their land, and the hero refuses to sell, and then the bad guys take it over the line, and I am sure you can quess what happens then.

Ip Man (now I am reading a book co-written by Ip Man's son, Ip Chun. It's great, it has the history of Wing Chun in it, and you can see where the plots and characters from Prodigal Son and Warriors Two came from.)

Ip Man (now I am reading a book co-written by Ip Man's son, Ip Chun. It's great, it has the history of Wing Chun in it, and you can see where the plots and characters from Prodigal Son and Warriors Two came from.)

Which book is this?

I watched a good one last night, another I'd not seen before:

Dance of the Drunken Mantis(aka Drunken Master 2)

This was a very enjoyable film, with good characters and very neat kung fu choreography.

I'm not sure of the actors, but it has the older drunk guy Sam Cee, who was in, if I recall correctly, was in the 1'st Drunken Master.

Fun story about a grey fox type guy called Rubberlegs, who uses the Nothern style Dunken Fist, who merges that with his Mantis style, who comes to challenge Sam Cee's Southern Drunken Boxing style.Sam Cee and his adopted son fight Rubberlegs and his student. I won't give away the ending.

Tiger's Claw aka Street Fighter (1974)

Cliff Lok is a cocky young tyke trying to establish his martial supremacy. He overhears people comparing him to an old master, Sek Kin, and he decides to challenge him. Unfortunately, the old guy is serving time for murder. Lok decides he needs to break him out and settle the argument.

Interesting film. The hero isn't really a hero, and the whole piece is a morality play about family and finding a sense of purpose in life. But there's plenty of fights, and the settings are pleasingly grim, which matches the sentiment behind the plot.

The dub I watched was absolutely terrible and did a real disservice to the film, with lazy, uninspired voice artists on autopilot. Shame, as it betrayed some of the efforts the cast put into injecting emotion into the story.