I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
David Rees

Weinsteins at it again. With The Kings Speech!

Those of us who were amazed at the treatment Asian film got with the Weinstiens and who thought they had now become more reasonable will be amazed at this fact regarding the USA release of The Kings Speech.

According to Twitch....

"Harvey Weinstein has supervised a re-edit of The King's Speech, removing at least part of a sequence in which the word 'fuck' is delivered fifteen times as part of Colin Firth's ongoing speech therapy, Driving this move is that that particular scene was responsible for the MPAA rating the film R and Weinstein's belief that he can draw larger audiences with a PG-13, which he has now secured.

Though the timeline has not been announced yet for The Weinstein Company to screen the new PG-13 version of the film they will first need to withdraw all prints of the R-rated version from theatres nationwide, meaning that if the film wins nobody will be able to see the version that actually won on the big screen any more."

Amazing!

The film is not exactly one that teens will flock to see anyhow (even though it is a very good film). The film has been released in Canada PG with all the fuck words intact...

The mind boggles.....:tinysmile_angry2_t:

Guest Markgway

Won an uncut 12A in the UK after appeal.

I think this will only prove a big deal if Weinstein releases the film edited on DVD/Blu Ray. I mean, anyone who really wants to see the R-rated version at the cinema surely already has.

Those of us who were amazed at the treatment Asian film got with the Weinstiens and who thought they had now become more reasonable will be amazed at this fact regarding the USA release of The Kings Speech.

I can't wait to see how people who thought the Weinsteins were reasonable these days react to the eventual release of the "new and improved" version of REIGN OF ASSASSINS they're confirmed to be cooking up. Also, I'm sure many people who would have utterly dismissed concerns about what the Weinsteins did to Asian movies will be SHOCKED, CONFUSED and APPALLED by the mistreatment of a fine, respectable film about British nobility.

Guest Yi-Long

I've been saying this for many MANY years now: The Weinsteins should be shot in the face.

Or butchered and cut up, which would actually be more fitting. They're fucking monsters.

I've been saying this for many MANY years now: The Weinsteins should be shot in the face.

Or butchered and cut up, which would actually be more fitting.

Only watchable if Bey Logan provides a commentary track for it!:tongue:

Ugh, these guys are obnoxious fat asses. Anything to make money right?

You'd think after years of making sure Miramax sucked nuts and butchering HK movies they would learn. But nooooo...

Guest Yi-Long
Now is your chance Yi Long to be a hero and go in for the kill. These villains must be stopped at all costs crying won't stop them. Why doesn't someone make a petition have everyone sign it and send it to these guys.

Petitions won't work. And I'm pretty damn sure that THIS movie will absolutely get an uncut release on DVD/Blu-ray. No question about it.

Which once again shows the complete lack of respect for asian cinema and it's fans. Cause it would be a cold day in hell before we will get our movies properly uncut from those fat yabbas.

For them money comes first, nothing else matters. They sacrifice the films art for the money..... the Weinsteins have sold their souls to hell.

You don't really have a right to speak though. As we know, you still go out and reward these practices by buying those butchered releases.

Hope you guys are happy, King's Speech won best picture this year... I've seen it, i wouldn't watch it again unless I run out of ambien again....

Well, good on you stepping out of the comfort zone anyway.