I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
spawn

Recommendations

I'm a huge fan of martial art films, but probably have only seen a small percentage of what is out there. The problem is as you will all know, is that there are some bloody awful films out there and it's trudging through these to get to the goods is what i'm having a problem with.

I'll let you know what type of films i'm into and then please recommend anything you might think i will like. First off, i'm not really into sword play, though appreciate there are some amazing films out there. I prefer limited wire work and special effects, though i have to admit i do like some films that have both these in.

I tend to like films with Jet Li, Sammo Hung, Lau Kar Wing, Yuen Baio, Jacki Chan in them, again i'm open to lots of other actors. My favourite films are Prodigal Son, Way of The Dragon, Enter tthe Dragon, Fists of Fury, The Big Boss, Odd Couple, Knockabout, Magnificient Butcher, The Legend, Fist of Legend, Once upon a time in china, First Strike, Rush Hour. I could go on, but i don't want to bore you.

So basically i'm asking what are the must have movies?

Just watched True Legend, thouht this was ok and probably one of the better films i've seen of late. Though i did feel that the film went on too long, what was the last half an hour about?

Sammo, Jackie, and Yuen Biao are awesome in My Lucky Stars, Twinkle Twinkle Lucky Stars, and Dragons Forever. Wheels on Meals has a classic fight at the end between Jackie Chan and Benny the Jet, though the movie has a lot of comedy to wade through.