I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
ShaKwon

? to the Europeans about fluoride in the H2O

I have often heard that most European countries have removed the fluoride from their water. If so, how was this accomplished? Who paid for it? Since it is not being diluted in the drinking water, what is done with the fluoride waste that industry produces?

Insight, please.

I'm writing a paper, btw.

Isn't flouride a natural mineral that is good for dental health?

Im pretty sure drinking water here in London contains flouride

I have often heard that most European countries have removed the fluoride from their water. If so, how was this accomplished? Who paid for it? Since it is not being diluted in the drinking water, what is done with the fluoride waste that industry produces?

Insight, please.

I'm writing a paper, btw.

Hello ShaKwon !

Now, this I know about so a quick comment.

Fluoride is not removed completely in European countries BUT their levels are greatly reduced by a pseudo distillation/ filtration process according to the legal allowed standard of % allowed. Scandinavia has some of the lowest allowed levels. This is payed for by the individual water companies & the correct government institution does random testing.

To many code breaks could result in fines or withdrawal of licences.

This however can create a interesting problem. In the US for example there is no sale RX or over counter of fluoride supplements. This on the other hand is a necessity in Scandinavia. I have several times been stopped in US custom for bringing fluoride supplements home from my yearly Christmas trips to Norway. Now I have all necessary Rx's ( US & Norwegian ) & permits needed but the first time I got stopped was NOT NICE ;( !

I can get you the "chemical process "papers if needed BUT most members here would be bored to tears (hehe ), so I will not post it here.

I must be a " geek " since I think it is a GREAT (!) LOL question !!

Good luck with your paper !

Athena ...

Isn't flouride a natural mineral that is good for dental health?

Im pretty sure drinking water here in London contains flouride

Greetings Niro,

Fluorine is a naturally occurring element. It's a very special element. Special because it can combine with at least three of the noble gases to form a compound. Noble or inert gases are called so because they are nonreactive. Their outer valence shell is full. They are not looking to release an electron. Therefore, they do not readily form bonds. Exp., two hydrogen atom plus one oxygen atom bonded together makes h2o= water, duh, I know. :tongue: Did I mention that fluorine and the compound fluoride are toxic?

Fluoride is a compound. Exp, sodium monofluorophosphate.

Where does the fluoride come from. Well, in the U.S., fluoride acid is a byproduct of the phosphate fertilizer industry. This fluoride is stored and sent elsewhere for dilution. It is said that, "the solution to pollution is dilution." So, this toxic substance is diluted in the water supply. Its an inexpensive way to get rid of waste. Better to poison a lot of people a little than it is to poison a few people a lot, is the mindset.

As near as I can tell, the evidence that fluoride is good for the teeth is weak. For sure, you can research that yourself.

Here in America, every brand of fluoridated toothpaste carries a warning, "KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGE. IF MORE THAN USED FOR BRUSHING IS ACCIDENTALLY SWALLOWED, GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY." Pepsodent

Hello ShaKwon !

Now, this I know about so a quick comment.

Fluoride is not removed completely in European countries BUT their levels are greatly reduced by a pseudo distillation/ filtration process according to the legal allowed standard of % allowed. Scandinavia has some of the lowest allowed levels. This is payed for by the individual water companies & the correct government institution does random testing.

To many code breaks could result in fines or withdrawal of licences.

This however can create a interesting problem. In the US for example there is no sale RX or over counter of fluoride supplements. This on the other hand is a necessity in Scandinavia. I have several times been stopped in US custom for bringing fluoride supplements home from my yearly Christmas trips to Norway. Now I have all necessary Rx's ( US & Norwegian ) & permits needed but the first time I got stopped was NOT NICE ;( !

I can get you the "chemical process "papers if needed BUT most members here would be bored to tears (hehe ), so I will not post it here.

I must be a " geek " since I think it is a GREAT (!) LOL question !!

Good luck with your paper !

Athena ...

Greetings Athena,

I must sign off. I'll get back to you. Thanks!

I did not know that about flouride, how i love the things industry are allowed to do with their waste products (*sarcasm*)

and for once studying chemistry in A level paid off as i understood everything you said lol