Sign in to follow this  
Kung-Fu Scholar

Montreal's Fantasia Film Fest schedule and catalogue up

To be found here: FANTASIA 2010

More than 120 movies to be seen from July 8 to 28,

Among this years goodies in twenty names/titles or so: Donnie Yen, Jeffrey Comb, Ken Russel, Subversive Serbian Cinema, Mark Zazor, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Nevermore, Metropolis, Yip Man II, Bodyguards and assassin, Johnny Nguyen, The Devils, Centurion, Don Bluth/Gary Goldmen, Raging Phoenix etc etc.

K-F Scholar

Unfortunatly, I don't think Chen is coming. Bruce Leung will be there though, along with the Gallants co-director. Ken Russell will be there, and there will be a nice retrospective on his works. There's a ton of wild Japanese films, like Aliens Vs Ninjas, and Symbol, some Korean movies, and a few HK films, like Ip Man 2, Bodyguards and Assassins, a Louis Koo thriller called Accident, which is produced by Johnnie To, and several off-beat dramas, horror films, you name it.

I'll be putting together some articles about Fantasia 2010. Last year's coverage was cut short because they unexpectedly pulled the plug on my press pass the day the festival opened. This year, I was promised that there won't be any such mishaps...We'll see how things go.

sighhh.......

Thought this would be finally the chance to meet the great CKT (after that whole Euro tour debacle).

Oh well, there's always hope for tomorrow.

What is this based on? He is listed as a guess... Anyway I wrote the festival to ask to confirm his presence. Waiting for a reply.

The director of HK programming told me that Chen isn't able to come. When the catalog was being printed it looked like he was coming, but that changed quickly. There's always hope, but he's not coming anymore as of right now. They had some other guests planned, too, but other commitments kept them from making it over here. If anything changes, I'll be sure to mention it here as soon as I hear anything.

Oh ok, thanks.

I'll probably attend the screening anyway. So much I want to see this year... Ip Man 2, Mandrill, Gallants, Blades of Blood, Alien vs Ninja, Rec 2, La Meute, Clash, The Mesrine movies... I'll see what I can attend around my work schedule... But I'll definately be there in the endless line up a couple times.

There's a film called Centurion by Neil Marshall that looks good, a couple older Japanese films, and the Ken Russell retrospective should be epic. I wonder if the print of the Devils will be uncut? I've not heard. Blades of Blood I've heard good things about. The Gallants trailer was cool. There's also a free screening of Ip Man outdoors, which will be fun. The Serbian film collection isn't up my alley, but I might check out a couple of those films. There's some good variety. I'm disappointed Chen couldn't come. I have one of his films on 35mm, and was hoping to screen it with him there...Bruce Leung should be really cool, though. I'll have a god write up about Gallants soon. I hope to see it over the long weekend.

Some photos from this week-end's at Fantasia events

The GALLANTS

gallant3.jpg

Bruce Leung receiving his comemorative price with King Chu Wei and director Clement Cheng

gallant2.jpg

Me and Clement Cheng comparing our Bruce Leung t-Shirt Buster,

mgs1u.jpg

Director andspecial effets master Yoshiro Nishimura in dipers to present MUTANT GIRLS SQUAD

mgs6.jpg

Yoshiro Nishimura bares it all for the Fantasia audience.

mgs3.jpg

Nishimura and company

mgs4o.jpg

Nishimura and my special Brain eater*»T-Shirt poster.

braineaterscopy.jpg

«*Brain Eaters*»