I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
fiol

Action Boys (2008)

Action Boys (2008)

med_gallery_7_926_5251.jpg

dir: Byoung-Gul Jung

cast:

Jong-cheol Jeong

Sei-Jin Jeun

Jin-Suk Kwag

Gui-Duck Kweun

Mun-cheol Kwon

Seung-il Shin (and more...)

trailer:

a clip from the movie: http://video.nate.com/clip/view?video_seq=206373635

yesterday i watched this documentary about the life of some korean stuntmen

a lot of interviews (a small interview with the stuntman who died (i dont recall his name now sorry)), training sessions,auditions,behind the scenes from some korean movies (including "The good,the bad and the weird") and tv-series.

if u have the chance, give it a try.it's worth it.

Seconded - it's a must see for anyone interested in how martial arts or action films really get made, or for anyone who wants a peek into the world of the Seoul Action School. Also makes for an interesting double feature with Ryoo Seung-Wan's (fictional) online short TIMELESS (Link to zipped WMV file), which also prominently features the School.

Definitely a must-see, one of my favorite documentaries! It focuses as much on the human element of the people involved as it does the action.

I would also say it makes a great companion piece to 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird', as it's featured prominently in the latter half.

I've actually visited the Seoul Action School myself to check out these guys in action, back in late 2008. It's an impressive facility, and a real sign of how much Korea takes it's action industry seriously, I was really lucky to be able to visit such a great place.

i just wish that we all these stuntmen korea's cinema will produce more martial arts movies than they do now...

The last "martial arts movie" (kinda of) i watched was The city of violence (also featured in this documentary).....

This documentary was shown as part of a weekly Korean movie screening here in Sydney....I posted a more in-depth review of it here, please check it out!

http://koreanfilmfestivalinaustralia.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/action-month-review-action-boys-2008.html

Was this doc ever released on DVD ??? Been looking everywhere but couldn't find anything...

It got a Korean DVD release back in 2009, which as far as I know is the only country that released it on home video format...and as with most Korean DVD's, it's now long been out of print. Here's a link containing details on it if you want to go hunting -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/action-boys-dvd-first-press-edition-korea-version/1014335314-0-0-0-en/info.html

It got a Korean DVD release back in 2009, which as far as I know is the only country that released it on home video format...and as with most Korean DVD's, it's now long been out of print. Here's a link containing details on it if you want to go hunting -

http://www.yesasia.com/global/action-boys-dvd-first-press-edition-korea-version/1014335314-0-0-0-en/info.html

Thanks, that's the one I'm looking for... Strange, didn't come up at YA when I was typing the title in...???:ooh:

Anyone selling this, please let me know!!