I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Jones

UK Martial Arts Film Fighter

Guest Chris Jones

Hi my name is Chris jones, im 22 from the UK. For the past two years I have been working on UK low budget films, alongside teaching Martial Arts fulltime. To date I have worked on four features, the latest being 'Insiders' be Phoenix-i Productions. Alongside film and tv work I have performed many live shows, the biggest of which was at the 2001 "Royal variety performance" performed live for UK TV, With UK royalties including the Queen in the audience. I have a website at www.chrisjones.8k.com if anyone would like to view my demo/showreel video, and a section dedicated to shorts that I film between work (Other Videos Section).

Guest BLAQMANTIS

WUS UP

I'm suprised no-one has replied to your post. Your trailer is tight or wicked as they say in your country. :D

Guest HungKuen

Well, I mean no offence, but I must say I don't quite like your choreography. It's kind of boring. Just the same sort of punches and blocks over and over again. Your acrobatics are really cool. If you just incorporated some good (more advanced) handwork in the fights, it would be great!

But your sure a heck of a lot better than that other brittish dude, Ara Payaya (or wathever he's called)!

Guest Chris Jones

Thats ok mate... we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I never hold them against a person. On a not about the Choreography of the short on my site, it was filmed over 3 hours and two of the people had never worked on a film before that day! So taking these factors into account, its not all that bad! I do however agree with you that the choreo was basic, but it was like that by design, to give them chance to get used to it.:D

Guest Yi Long

Dude! You look like my clone! (that's a compliment btw)

I have about the same haircut, same posture and build, the same coat(!), same kind of boots, same liking for turtle-neck sweaters and mostly the same skills!!!

My hair colour looks like yours although you say yours is dark brown where mine is ash-blonde. (blonde and brown mixed)

Only difference is height (I'm 6ft tall)

I like the pics, especially the black and white ones.

The video showed some cool skills. Too bad about the videoquality.

When my hamstring/groin is recovered (It seems to get better a bit this week, but it has been troubling me since november or something, I don't have the patience to let it fully recover so its taken longer then it had to) I'll have my girlfriend take some pics of me kicking and doing some stuff :)

You will see the resemblance ;)

(although I hope I have a bit more hair by then again...barber messed up)

Guest Chris Jones

Ha... well my hair is a hell of a lot longer now, but It will be interesting to see how much you say you look like me.. haha. Casting directors have often said I look a little like Brad Allen. Some of the footage in my showreel is old now, about 2 years old in some parts, keep an eye out for a new version in the coming months!

Let me know what you think of my interview with the Stunt People ( see KFC main page )

Oh and everyone (please) go sign my guestbook!

chrisjones.8k.com

Guest BLAQMANTIS

I HAD SEEN THE DEMO PREVIOUSLY AND JUST CHECKED OUT THE GROUP FIGHT. a LITTEL SLOW WITH THE HAND WORK AND KICKS. BUT I CAN SEE THE SKILL IN THE TECHNIQUES. SO THE POTENTIAL IS DEFINITELY THERE. YOU SHOULD CHECK THE KIDS FROM ZERO GRAVITY AND SEE THE PROGRESSION FROM THEIR EARLIER WORKS TO THEIR CURRENT WORKS.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU MATE.

Guest Chris Jones

Yeah ive known ZG for years now... I reffer u to my post above regarding the choreo of the short fight.

Guest seafood1397

I think you've the right attitude towards film making and an impressive variety of skillls. I agree a bit more hand work ie chum kiu would make the showreel more gritty but considereing the limitations you guys were under... a job well done. ps I'm a tv commercials/music video editor so I can appreciate the limitations. good luck.

Guest seafood1397

I'm a freelance editor aswell as a commercials director working for an Amsterdam based Prod. company.