I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chris Jones

My new showreel/video

Guest HungKuen

Well, you've improved since your last showreel... I'm going to be totally honest, so take no offence okay, I only mean it as constructive critisism!

as I've said before; your acrobatics and your kicks are very impressive, but your choreography isn't always the best.. You should work more on your handwork, and on your acting when you fight. Make the blows look powerfull, and even when you just block a series of strikes, you should always look like your really blocking stikes, not just performing choreograped moves. I noticed at several places that your movements (the blocks especially in fact) looked weak and powerless. Work on your facial expressions, and work on the way you move when you block/strike. Make it look as if you have to put some effort in stopping the opponents strike.. okay, I'm beginning to repeat myself now, need to go to bed (it's 1.45 am in Sweden)!

Anyway, at least consider my suggestions, and good luck on future projects! Hope to see more from you soon!

Good night//TCF

Guest Chris Jones

Ok.. thanks for your views.. some fair, some not so fair, but thats ok as I dont take offence. :smokin

Do you work in films?? If so which dept?

Guest HungKuen

okay, maybe I wasn't fair at all times, but life isn't fair! anyone who says differently is selling somethin;)

No, I don't work proffesionaly (sp?) in films, but I want to become a director! I'm going to a film-school after the summer.

But even if I don't have any real excperience (sp??), I've been making my own short films for the last two years (mostly Kung Fu and Star Wars;) ) so I think I am (well at least I hope I am) qualified and excperienced (damn I can't spell that word:P) enough to give suggestions to others...

I'm not saying I can do better than you, just that I know what I think looks godd and what doesn't.

Guest HungKuen

I read through my first message again and decided to watch your showreel again, and I must say that I was unfair! I must have been more tired than I thought when I watched it the first time, cause now I thought it was much better! :P

There was one place I thought the fighting looked weak and that was when you (at least I think it was you) where fighting the guy dressed in a red martial arts uniform. Otherwise everything looked good, so I'm sorry about my first post! :o

oh, and BTW, you look pretty tight with the nunchaku! Is it hard to learn 'chucks that well?

Keep up the good work! ;)

Guest Chris Jones

LOL... Even the casting directors I send my reels to have less to say than your 1st post.. ha... no worries m8.:hat

Good luck with your ambitions of becoming a Director, maybe it will be you I interview for this site in a few years, who knows?