I would like to thank everyone who was able to make a donation for the purpose of obtaining new features for the forum. The donation goal was met rather quickly and we here at Kung Fu Fandom can not thank you enough for the support. The plan is once the new site is up and running, the focus will then turn to the forum on updating and adding these new features and we will continue to strive to make your time spent here on the forum as enjoyable as possible. _/|\_

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Acura NSX

Tell me this wouldn't be the coolest job..

Guest Acura NSX

..To just sit around and dub old school kung fu movies for a living? I think that would be cool as hell. Not only would we be dubbing movies that we love, but it would be our job. I wonder how much people that did that sort of thing got paid. I love the fact that I can watch a dubbed kung fu movie and I can ALWAYS count on the fact that that one guy's voice is gonna be in the movie (you guys know what I'm talking about, that one guy with the somewhat british accent, he dubs a lot for the heroes voices and I think he did the dubbing for Chow Yun Fat in Hard Boiled). Seriously though, am I the only one that thinks such a job would be awesome?

Nick

Guest Yi Long

Yeah...I have mixed feelings about this cause I ussually hate watching movies which are dub only. If there is a choice between original language and Dub available, I ofcourse have no problem with dubbing, but usually on TV, they will only broadcast the dubbed verion instead of a subbed.

But that's not what your question is about...

Ehmm....yeah that would be a good job I guess...

Would be nice to give a character a real feel with only the use of your voice to act.

For martial arts movies though, they shouldnt dub the fight noises; that just sounds ridiculous.

Guest roguetechie

old school dubs (especially SB) I did enjoy. the new wave flicks with the dubs that sound like soap opera acting I hate and prefer to watch the subs instead (like CTHD) as it's too distracting.

then coming from the other angle...I dont posses the skills to be a great or even mediocre voice actor so... it would be cool from the aspect of my being able to see all those cool movies but bad from the perspective of everyone saying the dubs suck because I'm not the correct pick for a voice actor to do the dubs.

Guest CountAgranoff

I would feel like a pilot bombing innocent civilians! I only like campy bad movies dubbed. anything else it makes me sick to my stomach. I almost gave myself a herina watching 5 minutes of CTHD dubbed.

-David

Guest BLAQMANTIS

:rolleyes

WHAT are you talkin about the dubbed version of CTHD wuz the best dubbed version ever. If you didn't liket hat then you don't like any dubbed version.

Guest italdesign

Sorry, but this job would be a serious insult to the films you love for the general public. I would much rather provide commentary, which only adds to the movie.

Guest johnsykes2000

I agree with you whole heartedly! I think dubbing as well as providing the translations would be amazing as a job! It would allow me to put the awful grammar and slang on the cutting room floor!

One reason why I do not like dubbed is that they do such a robotic and horrible job at it. They do almost as poor a job as the subtitles, but that can't be altered if you need them to understand the movie.