If you have a Cover Scan request, you can email me at ShaolinChamber36@gmail.com for any and all cover request. If I do not have the cover myself, I will include your request on a “Cover Scan Request” page in which I will be adding to the site. Please be sure to name the title of the movie as it appears on the cover or covers you would like. Please also be sure to include the distributor for the cover or covers you are requesting. If you have no preference for a specific cover and would like any cover for the movie or movies you’re requesting, then simply in the request email list like so, “Movie – Shaolin Mantis / Distributor – No Pref.” You can request as many covers as you’d like, and either I or others of the kung fu community will do our best to help out.
SCANNING AND SUBMITTING COVERS
All covers must be scanned at 300 dpi. Depending on the software you are using for scanning, you may be able to crop and set the dimensions for the scan at the time of scanning, in which case the dimensions should be 1600 px width x 1080 px height. Any covers sent in with dimensions less than 1600 x 1080 will not be used.
- Covers sent in with higher dimensions than 1600×1080.
- Covers that are not cropped properly. Even if cover is crooked, as long as no part of the cover is cut off, it is fine.
- Covers scanned higher than 300 dpi.
- Any covers sent in of extremely poor quality will not be used. If someone has submitted covers that are unpresentable, I will email that person and kindly ask if they would be willing to re-scan the cover/covers and I will provide details of what needs to be corrected.
- It would be best if you plan on sending numerous covers, to first submit at least 2 covers to let me look them over and make sure the quality of the scan meets the set standards. I will then respond with an email letting you know if everything looks good or if something needs adjusting. This could save lots of time before proceeding to scan and send in multiple covers that may lack in overall quality and possibly could not be used.
- I realize some covers, like some of those released in Asia or other non-English speaking countries may not display the name of the movie in English anywhere on the cover, so each cover scan should be labeled using the title of the movie as well as distributor for the file name. Example: TenTigersOfKwangtung_TokyoShock.jpg
- ALL covers submitted must be of a kung fu/martial arts film. If you are not 100% sure if a cover you want to scan would be classified as a kung fu/martial arts film, then email me and let me know what movie or movies they are and I will get back to you letting you know if the cover is acceptable.
- Not all Cover Scans featured on ShaolinChamber36 are of the best quality, if you have any of the same covers already on display in the Gallery but feel you can provide a replacement cover of better quality, Please send it in. I will count it as a NEW cover submission.
- All covers submitted should be in JPEG format. PNG files are acceptable as well.
- Any questions in general regarding cover request, scanning, or submitting, please fee free to email me at ShaolinChamber36@gmail.com
If you have any lobby cards, movie stills, posters, or images pertaining to the martial arts genre, and would like to share them with this site and your Shaolin brothers and sisters, please use the form below to submit your materials. Thank you.
If you have any audio files such as songs, soundtrack scores, original theme songs or music you’ve ripped from a movie yourself, please send them in and I will add them to the Sounds of Kung Fu archives. Even if you do not have the actual audio file, but know of the origin of where a song you’ve heard in a movie is from, please use the form below to submit such information. Example may be: In the movie ‘Invincible Armour’, a song by the name of “Theme from the Day of Anger” by Riz Ortolani was used. Which also was used in the following films, …………. “. Information like this will definitely still be considered as a “contribution” to the site, and will earn you a valid entry in the prize drawing for the month.